Glaucoma, treatment, recommendations. Cataract, treatment, prevention.
GLAUCOMA: Treatment, surgery, recommendations.
Glaucoma – an eye disease prevalent among people older than 50 years. It commonly happens in older women who have atherosclerosis, hypertension, diabetes. Running glaucoma leads to blindness. Not seeing eyes may cause severe pain and then have to remove it. So, do not forget about preventive examination by an ophthalmologist.
To detect glaucoma, you can measure ophthalmologist intraocular pressure. Normal it is from 18 to 25 mm Hg. article Persistent increase in pressure above 25mm Hg. article – this is glaucoma. In advanced cases the figures reach as high as 50mm Hg. This test article is most revealing. If you are older than 50 years, once a year, and even better – six months pass such a measure.
Putting, the diagnosis of glaucoma, the doctor will prescribe drops that reduce intraocular pressure. To find the right remedy and dose, it is necessary to measure the intraocular pressure morning and evening for several days. Usually it is convenient to do in the hospital.
In older people glaucoma is often combined with cataracts.
When medicine is powerless, we have to turn to the surgeons. Specialists use the laser is applied worldwide in the early stages of glaucoma, then decreased intraocular pressure. It is believed that the effect lasts for 2-4 years, in rare cases up to 7-8 years. After this period, the glaucoma again takes its toll. To avoid complications, the patient should be under constant supervision of a doctor, he spent a laser treatment. Surgeons can offer and microsurgery. Although the technique of operations is perfect, it can only stop the process, and the missing sight will not return.
Bainimarama should follow these rules:
- 1.To reduce intraocular pressure, improve microcirculation and blood flow to the eye you want to include in the diet with the antioxidants vitamins A, b, C, and E. They normalize metabolic processes. These vitamins are found in vegetables, fruits, wholemeal bread, vegetable oil.
- 2. Do not be nervous and do not spoil others mood. Any excitement can raise the blood pressure (BP) and intraocular.
- 3. Walk in the fresh air 1 hour before work and 1 hour after. Because the lack of oxygen causes the blood vessels to suffer, and glaucoma is a manifestation of systemic vascular disease.
- 4. TV viewing (with breaks) not more than 3 hours a day. To watch TV you need the light.
- 5. Liquids to drink 1-1,5 liters a day (including soup). Don’t eat foods that cause thirst. Exclude from the diet strong tea and coffee, beer and wine. A glass of good vodka can be allowed only on major holidays.
- 6. It is very important to make the menu. Meat is best boiled beef. As a garnish you can cook the cabbage in any form, boiled beets and carrots, salad of cucumbers and tomatoes with dill and parsley a little vegetable oil. Only boiled eggs, no more than 3 pieces per week.
- 7. Eliminate heavy physical labor. You can’t naturopathica, because the vessels weak enough to burst a small vessel, and you lose vision. Don’t rearrange furniture, don’t carry heavy bags or buckets of water. Try to get rid of constipation. You cannot do the work of leaning is glaucoma harmful rush of blood to the head.
CATARACTS: Causes, prevention, treatment, operation.
What is a cataract? This clouding of the lens – eye optical lens. Recently a cataract is a major cause of visual impairment and its progression leads to blindness.
Cataract – Causes:
The causes of cataracts is not known precisely, but there is speculation that it: sunlight, endocrine diseases, age after 55 years, x-ray radiation, harmful substances (in manufacture), mechanical damage.
According to American Professor Sheila West, an extra 30 minutes a day in the sun, increase the likelihood of cataract by 10%. When exposed to sunlight, tryptophan, which is contained in the lens, changes and reacts with the protein, forming an insoluble substance. At any time UV rays can harm your eyes. To protect yourself from them will help a hat with a wide brim, which is 30% reduces the UV rays and sunglasses – more than 90%.
Cataract is increasingly diagnosed in children. Therefore, ophthalmologists are considering the main cause of cataracts is the sun (because of the ozone holes), definitely recommended during a walk to wear the kids (even in strollers) sunglasses. They will help to protect the eye from excess UV rays.
Cataracts cause mechanical damage to eyes – contact with foreign bodies, injuries and contusions. If you are doing repairs in the apartment or repair the car, be sure to wear safety glasses with transparent glasses.
Cataract – cataract Prevention:
Scientific studies have shown that in women older than 55 years who daily took vitamin C for 10 years, the risk of developing cataracts by 77% lower than those who did not take ascorbic acid. Scientist Paul Jesus believes, to prevent this serious eye disease, you need to take about 400 mg of vitamin C per day. This provision is contained in 3 cups of orange juice.
Cataracts – Treatment:
In the initial stage of cataract effective treatment – eye drops, vitamins. They slow down the development of cataracts. In summer, eat more greens, vegetables and fruits. They have a lot of antioxidant vitamins A, C, E, carotene, which strengthen your immune system and improve metabolism. Also take a multivitamin complexes.
If the cataract combined with diabetes mellitus, hypocalcemia, some drugs will be effective when the improvement in the treatment of the underlying disease.
The initial stage of cataract can last for several years, even decades. The rapid development of cataracts provoke stress and deterioration of health. The next stage of the cataract immature cataract is when there is a significant decrease in visual acuity. At this stage, applies therapy and surgery.
Mature cataract, when there were protein changes in the lens, the therapy is useless – it is removed surgically.
Cataracts – a cataract Operation:
Thanks to the latest microsurgical technologies now successfully carried out surgery and with immature cataract, implanted artificial lens. After the operation, within 2-3 hours and allowed to stand for 5-6 days out of the hospital. But after 2-3 weeks people can go to work. But you need at least 3 months to observe some restrictions: do not lift more than 10kg, not to move heavy furniture and not to engage in power sports.
Cataract – After cataract surgery:
After cataract operation complications can occur: after 6 months there is a secondary cataract, which is easy to remove. With the help of laser made incisions and vision is restored.
Cataract Vision after surgery:
How vision is restored after cataract? Recently 30-40% vision after surgery was considered a good result, but now achieved a much better result, although 100% vision not always possible to return.
If you notice blurred vision – contact an eye specialist in order to identify cataracts and other eye diseases, and treat.