Enterobius is the official name of the worm, which most of his other “relatives” strikes the weak organisms. If to consider in percentage, the frequency of diagnosis of enterobiasis in children is about 40-50% of cases by the number of all helminths in patients at an early age. It turns out that once infected with pinworms in humans there is a long incubation period, which is not characteristic of pronounced signs of disease.
Discomfort and severe pain at pinworms the child may not feel for a long time. In addition, children, unlike adults, are not always able to understand their worries and even more so to tell your parents about this. To determine that the baby bot often fails when the treatment should take place urgently. In development enterobiasis numerous adult worms in the child’s body multiply at an incredible rate. Despite the fact that the life cycle of these nematodes lasts about 50 days, this time is sufficient in order to lay thousands of eggs and give life to other parasites.
One of the most common diseases can be called enterobiasis in children. When considering the symptoms and features of treatment of this infectious disease, of course, we will focus on these nasty creatures like pinworms that are the causative agents.
As children get infected with worms?
Symptoms and methods of treatment for enterobiasis largely independent of each other. Therapy is prescribed by a doctor, caused, as a rule, the degree of severity of the disease condition and presence of complications. Equally important is the presence of a permanent source of infection. Pinworms in children live in the intestines getting into it oral-fecal route.
Describe in detail the mechanism of distribution and ingestion of healthy people pathogens enterobiasis, use the following:
- 1. Infected child to touch the anus. The reason for this is one of the main symptoms enterobiasis for worm infestations any itching in the anal area.
- 2. Eggs of pathogenic microorganisms remain on the hands, fingers and under the nails of the baby.
- 3. Touching any object, the surface, the child leaves the infected particles. Eggs are distributed in space among the toys, clothes, dishes, etc.
- 4. Contact with contaminated objects, followed by touching of the lips, oral cavity, lips – main stage in the process of getting worms in children.
The reason for the dispersion of pinworms can be and Pets. Eggs of parasites are not only in the area of the anus, but on wool, paws, the tail of the animal. To forbid the child to have contact with animals in order to avoid infection with worms is impossible, and wrong. After any contact with a pet it is important to thoroughly wash hands with soap and water, and in the absence of such possibility – to treat them with an antibacterial agent or napkins.
Symptoms of the disease
Detecting changes in the overall health status of the child, you should immediately consult a doctor. Pinworms in children are manifested according to the scheme of symptoms similar to signs of other species of helminths. Reliable confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body is the presence in the feces of the worms themselves. However, it is not always evident immediately. To see in the white pot worms, you can, as a rule, when a rapidly developing infection.
In the early stages of enterobiasis confirm helminth infection by numerous indirect symptoms of the disease:
- itching in the anus, associated with the fact that the female worms crawl out through the anal opening and lay on his skin folds microscopic, not visible to ordinary eyes the eggs of pinworms;
- disorders of the chair, it can be as diarrhea and frequent constipation;
- nausea and vomiting;
- bloating, rumbling flatulence;
- anxiety, sleep disorders;
- increased appetite, paradoxical rapid loss of body weight.
Other signs of an infection of worms
In addition, children with enterobiasis be irritable, Moody. Under the eyes of a sick child can occur dark circles. Symptoms of enterobiasis mean and gnashing of teeth, although the opinions of experts in the field of Pediatrics disagree. It is believed that bruxism is clear evidence of the presence in the intestine of a child pinworms.
When not treated the symptoms of the disease in children is rapidly compounded. Girls when a large number of adults can occur infection of the genitals. Symptoms such complications are most often profuse discharge from the vagina, the development of diseases such as vaginitis, vulvovaginitis, and in more severe cases, when the parasites reach the bladder – enuresis.
Enterobiasis in some children may be long enough to occur without specific signs. But as soon as at least one of the above symptoms manifest in full measure, parents should not lose time and as soon as possible to go to the doctors.
How to recognize the enterobiasis?
Treatment of enterobiasis, regardless of age, must begin with a detailed diagnosis. The task of a specialist at this stage is study of the patient’s condition and assessment of severity of infestation. This can be achieved using such methods of examination of child’s body:
1. Scraping on enterobiasis. The primary analysis, which helps to detect the helminth eggs in the skin folds of the anus. The children take the scraping on enterobiosis in the morning. The result will be ready in a few hours.
2. Stool tests for detection of pinworms. Conducted as a secondary method of investigation of the intestinal flora of the child. It is effective in the diagnosis of other helminth infections, but not a lot.
Also if you suspect a pinworm infection, the doctor may make a referral for a blood sample from the finger. The General analysis will be indicative of the level of eosinophils. The effectiveness of treatment of children is largely determined by the preparatory treatment. The day before the beginning of anthelminthic drugs is necessary to monitor the diet of children. It is important to rule out any binding chair products. In the morning, taking a dose of the medicine, give the child a laxative. It will help to treat the affected organism and faster to withdraw from the intestines of the dead worms.
How to treat worms in a child?
Drug therapy aimed at the destruction of pinworms occurs when using the following drugs:
Latest drugs are available in pill form and are the drugs of broad spectrum. Dosage children appoint a doctor independently parents should not give medications. To treat such disease as pinworms can be at home, but every 2-3 days it is necessary to come to the doctor for a follow appointment.
It is important to note that poor personal hygiene will neutralize the positive effect of even the most effective drugs. The risk of re-infection in this case remains quite high.
To cure a child from parasites in many cases, including in the therapeutic scheme and antihistamines. Worms, including pinworms, beings are toxic to the human body. The first thing that responds to malicious waste products of the worms this skin.
To treat the disease when signs of allergies, you must use these drugs:
Traditional recipes and the basics of prevention
Treatment should be accompanied by observance of rules of personal hygiene. It is extremely important not only in the treatment of enterobiasis, but with the goal of preventing other types of helminthiasis.
Parents infected and healthy children should:
- to constantly monitor the cleanliness and hygiene of the hands of kids;
- time to cut my nails in children;
- regularly provide only clean and ironed underwear;
- to give the kids just thoroughly cleaned products.
Cure enterobiasis a hesitant home. However, to give a noticeable result obtained in the treatment of folk remedies can not be sure. As a complement to traditional therapy home methods can still be considered. Doctors also believe that they are able to enhance the action of medicines.
Most popular recipes, which you can use to cure enterobiasis:
- 1. The use of pumpkin seeds. Have them together with the peel, but before eating, you should crush them and mix with olive oil in equal proportions. You must give the child 1 tablespoon each day.
- 2. Enema milk and garlic. To prepare the remedy is simple: take a few cloves and a glass of milk. Chopped garlic mix with boiled milk. Easing the medication to body temperature, you can start to do an enema to a child.
- 3. The infusion of wormwood. The least popular tool in the treatment of pinworms. At the rate of 1 tsp per Cup of hot boiled water preparing the medicine. Before use it must be infused in a dark place for at least an hour. Then give 1 tablespoon to a child before each meal.
- 4. Beet-carrot juice. In equal proportions mix the fresh fluid from both vegetables. Drink every morning 1 glass, if the child is older than 4 years; and half a Cup if the baby is younger.