Liver fibrosis pathology, which is characterized by the degeneration of hepatocytes – liver cells parenchymal capable of rebuilding, renewal. In the process neoplasm they are gradually replaced with fibrous connective tissue. Liver greatly increased in size, there is dysfunction of the affected organ.
Fibrosis and its causes
Lipocytes cells intact liver are in a passive state. Damage of hepatocytes triggers fibrogenesis. Lipocytes activated. Cicatricial changes lead to disruption of supply of these cells and increase the damage of hepatic lobules. Under certain conditions, starts cellular inflammation and excessive production of collagen in the vital body
Is a protective reaction of the body:
- When liver fibrosis develops complex dynamic processes in vital organ.
- Mediators are different damages and injuries, hepatitis viruses, drugs, alcoholic beverages, which activate the brake the neurons.
- Excessive synthesis of collagen causing a gradual thickening and proliferation of tissues.
- Develop symptoms of liver fibrosis.
- In the vessels the blood circulates poorly.
- Defective body performs its functions.
Clinical signs of liver fibrosis
On the severity of the disease are the following stages of development:
- In most cases the first clinical signs of fibrosis appear after a five-year period of development of the disease.
- F1. To diagnose it at an early stage is quite difficult, as usually pathology are asymptomatic. Characterized by a constant malaise, fatigue, reduced work capacity. The liver contains little intercellular substance. Characterized by the decline in the bloodstream level of colorless, red, white blood cells. There is damage to the spleen.
- F2. The liver has a significant scarring.
- F3. The amount of collagen increases rapidly. The prognosis depends on the precise patients with all recommendations of the doctor.
- F4. The liver completely filled with coarse connective tissue, therefore developing cirrhosis. The size of the liver are extremely small. There is a rapid development of the disease at this stage. The probability of recovery is very small.
While liver damage symptoms gradually:
- Blood vessels burst and form a superficial hematoma. There is a pronounced spider veins is a manifestation of the local expansion of vessels.
- In the blood there is a decrease in hemoglobin concentration.
- The patient feels fatigue.
- There is a risk of bleeding in the esophagus.
- Disrupted the digestive tract.
- Hepatomegaly – enlarged liver.
- Occurs anemia.
Types of fibrosis
According to the etiological factors distinguish various types of liver fibrosis.
Congenital hepatic fibrosis is a kind of rare form of disease of the body. It is caused by disorders of metabolism and is hereditary. In most cases, congenital hepatic fibrosis manifested in childhood, rarely after the age of 25.
Its symptoms are different:
- Enlarged liver sometimes becomes pronounced stony density.
- Organ function is preserved.
- Very dangerous esophageal-gastric bleeding as a complication of disease.
The slow pace of developing cardiac fibrosis.
- Pathology cardiologic.
- Circulatory disorders of the liver.
- Body gets insufficient food and bad works.
- Cardiac fibrosis is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- The torso of the patient is pulled forward by a significant accumulation of fluid in the abdomen.
- Cardiac fibrosis there is a significant increase in the size of the abdomen.
Periportal fibrosis was:
- Often occurs in hepatitis C and cirrhosis.
- Provoke the development of disease long-term use of drugs, toxic poisoning.
- Periportal fibrosis was can become a serious complication of schistosomiasis.
The speed of progression of the pathology. The timing of the clinical course of liver fibrosis in different patients different.
They are dependent on various factors:
- The addiction to alcohol.
- A weakened immune status.
- A wrong diet. Excess deposition in the body fat.
- Steatosis. In this pathology normal liver cells transformirovalsya in fat tissue.
- The intensity of the inflammatory process.
- Hard tolerated infection in older age.
- Defeat the parasite.
- The high level of the enzyme ALT in the liver, which is a participant in the metabolism of amino acids.
- Belonging to a strong floor.
- Diabetes mellitus – endocrine pathology.
Complications of liver fibrogenesis:
- Ascites develops. The abdomen is observed accumulation of the effusion.
- Varicose veins of the esophagus dilate. Formed varices.
- Disease with impaired blood flow.
- Develops hepatocellular cancer.
- The final stage of the disease – cirrhosis of the liver.
The progression of the pathological process in the affected organ has serious consequences:
- Fibrogenesis is constantly progressing hepatitis C complicating it.
- As a result of violations of blood flow in the hepatic veins portal hypertension develops. This increase in pressure seriously threatens the patient’s life.
- Failure of compensatory possibilities of the body leads to the development of liver failure. This clinical syndrome is the trigger factor of metabolic disorders.
- Poisoning by toxic substances causes cirrhosis of the liver.
- Only transplantation (transplantation) of the liver allows to get rid of these severe ailments.
To identify lose body allow:
- Special serum markers.
- The procedure an ultrasound to detect enlarged liver.
- Elastography allows to establish the degree of pathology.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy – examination of condition of the esophagus.
- Data of liver biopsies provide information about the severity of necrotic inflammation.
Treatment of the disease
The doctor will explain to the patient what fibrosis. He appoints the medicines:
- Digestion is improved when taking enzyme pharmacological drugs.
- The fibrous tissue formation was reduced by the effects of drugs that inhibit the cell cycle.
- Corticosteroids reduce the rate of progression of the disease.
- Medications protect the tissues of the affected organ.
- Antibacterial drugs reduce inflammation.
- Immunosuppressive therapy to modulate the immune response of the body.
- These toxins can eliminate antioxidants.
- An effective anti-inflammatory and cholagogue.
- The intake of antiviral medications.
- Diet n 5 with the restriction of salt, protein. Required from the diet to avoid fatty and spicy dishes. Increase consumption of plant products. Reception of complex vitamins.
- Effective treatment of folk remedies.
Prevention of disease
- A healthy way of life.
- Taking multivitamin complexes.
- Prevention of viral hepatitis.
- Rational balanced diet.
- The rejection of drugs, alcohol, Smoking.
- Timely treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
The patient with this disease needs competent medical care. When there are signs of the disease, the treatment of liver fibrosis. The prognosis is favorable.
In the early stages to cure liver fibrosis is possible, if strictly adhered to treatment diet, exactly are doctor appointments.