Increasingly, people are turning to professionals with certain complaints, you hear the diagnosis of spinal epidurit.
What is epidurit? This disease takes the form of an inflammatory process. He strikes the epidural space of the spinal cord. This disease is called “spinal abscess”. Enough often affects the spinal roots and the surface of the hard meninges. The epidural space is a connective tissue located between the periosteum and the hard substance of the spinal cord.
Often found spondylodiscitis. What is it? This disease, in which inflammation affects the vertebrae and the intervertebral discs. The main cause of this disease is a degenerative-dystrophic process in the spine.
Quite often the main reason for calling epidurit spine is a contagious disease, but beyond that, there are other factors. The disease is very dangerous for human life. That is why treatment should be taken very seriously. Effective treatment is based not only on antibiotics, pain. The fact is that the infection can spread quickly and affect the body in the region of the spinal cord and brain. In the case when the disease becomes severe, then all violations are typical for the disease does not give the person the possibility to lead a full life. People suffering from Grigol vertebral disc or spondylosis, there is a risk of deterioration of health, which may need the help of doctors intensive care.
For the prevention and treatment of diseases of the JOINTS our constant reader uses the increasingly popular NON-surgical method of treatment is recommended by leading German and Israeli orthopedists. Thoroughly acquainted with him, we decided to offer it to your attention.
The types of the disease
Epidurit of the spine has its types.
The separation is carried out depending on the degree of localization:
- boundary – the boundary of the lesion located only in Grajewo education;
- limitless – zone located both in the descending and ascending segments;
- large-scale unilateral inflammatory process affects only one side;
- large-scale bilateral – affecting both sides.
The disease may be characterized by acute or chronic stage. Among the existing types of this disease can be identify the most common forms, namely:
- Purulent epidurit – implies the occurrence of the disease with purulent character, and occurring in the epidural space. The category of such diseases include osteomyelitis, mediastinitis, or a paravertebral abscess. In some cases, the cause of the inflammation is sepsis, purulent tonsillitis, boils, infection in the body during the abortion. The main focus of this type of disease is the lower part of the thoracic. The disease affects about 4 vertebrae. The inflammatory process affects the soft shell and the spinal cord, because the abscess is not able to overcome a hard surface the meninges.
- Purulent spinal epidurit. With the development of the disease this form there are no signs of violation in terms of neurology. Processes that are slow, lead to changes in the epidural tissue and violate the integral structure of the solid shell of the brain. Often fibrinous tissue increase their area, and the inflammation affects the soft sheath of the spinal cord. Fails likouresi themselves and the blood vessels are bent. This leads to ischemic changes in the spinal cord. The reason for the development of this type epidurit is tuberculosis, syphilis, and even a simple whiplash injury. The main foci are located in the thoracic or lumbar.
Spinal epidurit like other inflammatory processes has its own specific symptoms.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
The main symptoms include:
- high body temperature;
- meningeal reaction.
In the area of the affected areas have pain that could increase if a person commits head movements, coughing, emptied, and even resting. Parallel as the disease progresses, pain can appear in extremities. The pain is accompanied by weakness and even numbness.
In humans, there are irregularities in the hip joints, including the extremities. The inflammatory process in the epidural space leading to spinal cord compression. In addition, there is a violation in the work of organs of small pelvis. If you do not provide timely treatment of the inflammatory process, there is a high risk that the disease will become chronic. This means that pain in the extremities will have a periodic nature. Pain in the spine can be very strong. It tend to disappear even without taking painkillers.
In the case when the disease reaches the cervical spine, the patient observed irregularities in the functioning of the upper and lower limbs is weakening of the muscles. When the bulk of the pus accumulates in the thoracic or lumbar spine, it becomes hard to move only the lower limbs.
If the patient has spondylodiscitis, then additionally you may experience the following symptoms:
- weight loss and appetite.
Methods of diagnosis and treatment
In the presence of symptoms indicating spinal epidurit or cicatricial adhesions epidurit, appoint experts to a diagnosis, but rather:
- computed tomography;
CT (computed tomography)
Treatment of the disease is a whole range of activities. The main method is surgery.
Initially, the patient carried out the drainage of the epidural space. This procedure allows to prevent the development of secondary purulent meningitis. To heal the body from infections, it is necessary to pass special course of treatment based on the use of antibacterial drugs. The antibiotic is fighting with a certain type of pathogen.
In the case of severe neglect of the disease, resulting in the development of purulent inflammatory process, the patient is assigned a laminectomy. This method of surgical intervention is based on removing a certain part of the bone tissue of the vertebra and the intervertebral disc. The main purpose of this method is the lowering of the pressure on bavleny region of the spinal cord.
Medical practice has shown that the need to solve problems through surgical intervention happens only in 4% of cases. In most cases, upon expiration of the term equal to 5 years, a smaller part of the operated patients there is a need for re-treatments, because it is made of scar adhesions epidurit.
In order to avoid cicatricial adhesions epidurit observe the following preventive measures:
Cicatricial adhesions epidurit
- to reduce the degree of injury to tissue during surgery. To preserve the yellow ligament;
- not to use coagulation and hemostatic agents into the epidural region;
- to prevent cicatricial adhesions epidurit by installing special barriers that define the boundaries of the epidural space;
- the use of a special gel products, the use of which makes impossible the development of such complications as cicatricial adhesions epidurit.
It is very important to detect the disease at early stages of development. This will allow it to heal easily and quickly. In the case when the disease becomes chronic and had serious complications, there is a high risk of disability and sometimes even death.