The disease is more common in children at an early age, and it is almost impossible to detect the problem on their own. For the diagnosis of ailments, doctors recommend that every year they undergo a medical examination not only for children but also for adults.
The sooner a diagnosis is made, the more successful the further treatment.
Many young parents often face a disappointing diagnosis, which is put to their children – scoliosis. Modern medicine offers many methods by which you can correct your posture, prevent further progression of scoliosis. No less effective is the treatment of scoliosis at home.
Scoliosis is congenital and acquired. If you rely on official statistics, every tenth case of the disease is a congenital pathology. Few people know, but scoliosis can develop against the background of previously transmitted diseases. This includes trauma to the spine, tuberculosis, oncology and osteoporosis.
Features of the treatment of scoliosis at home
The successful outcome of the treatment of the disease is affected by two factors: the competence of the doctor and the patient’s compliance, his willingness to follow all recommendations and prescriptions. Scoliosis is 1, 2, 3 and 4 degrees.
Depending on the diagnosis, the patient is assigned the most appropriate treatment regimen.
At the first stage of the disease it is recommended to exercise daily exercise therapy, visit a massage room and wear a supporting corset.
The second stage of scoliosis: exercise therapy, Chenot’s corset, manual therapy, daily massage, physiotherapy and swimming.
In the third and fourth stage of scoliosis, physiotherapy, exercise therapy, corsets are prescribed. In particularly neglected cases, when the treatment did not yield any results, surgical intervention could not be avoided.
To ensure positive results did not take long to wait, the patient needs to change his way of life. It is more common to be outdoors, hiking positively influences health, strengthens immunity. From bad habits will have to refuse: completely eliminate the use of alcoholic beverages, quit smoking. These recommendations apply to adult patients.
An important role in the treatment of scoliosis is nutrition. Doctors recommend to include in the diet as much as possible products containing protein. This meat, fish, legumes, dairy products. Do not give up carbohydrates, energy sources. Therefore, you need to diversify the diet of porridge: buckwheat, pearl barley, oatmeal, rice and millet. Calcium plays an important role in the formation of bones, strengthens them. A useful element is found in cottage cheese, nuts, chicken eggs and various cheeses.
Correction therapy shows good results in the treatment of scoliosis. Wearing a properly selected corset helps to unload the spine and protects the skeleton from possible injuries. Orthopedic product will stop the progression of the disease, and in the future and completely rid of problems with the spine. The main thing is to treat the treatment in a complex and responsible way.
To date, there are several varieties of corsets that are used in various stages of scoliosis.
An effective remedy for pain and for the treatment of joints has been found:
- natural composition,
- without side effects,
- effectiveness, proven by experts,
- quick result.
Supporting corsets. The orthopedic product of such a plan is preventive. Doctors say that supporting corsets will not help in the treatment of the advanced stage of scoliosis. But with the first signs of the pathology of the supporting system, wearing corsets is mandatory, and most importantly, an effective method.
Among the supporting corsets are:
- Reclaimers. Relate to the simplest orthopedic products. Made of tight and elastic straps, which in the chest area are crossed by a figure eight. Designed to eliminate signs of stoop. Corsets of such a plan are practical from the point of view that they can be used as an addition to complex designs.
- Thoracic correctors. They consist of a semi-rigid frame. With the help of tapes the upper part of the trunk is fixed. The products are designed to eliminate serious stoop and unevenness of the shoulder blades and spine.
- Breast-lumbar corsets. Appointed at 1-2 degrees of scoliosis and are no longer prophylactic, but curative orthopedic products. Consist of a rigid frame, which allows you to securely fix the ribs and spine.
- Correcting corsets. Successfully applied in the treatment of advanced stages of scoliosis, assigned to adults and children. To date, there is a wide range of varieties of products of this type. The selection of the corrective corset must be carried out individually. After all, each type of corset is aimed at treating a particular stage of scoliosis. Among them there are the following options:
- Sheno. It is the most popular subspecies of corrective corsets. It is made of thermostatic plastic taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. The figure of a person with scoliosis is constructed on the basis of plaster casts. Inside the product, special convex gaskets are provided, which increase pressure on the spine, facilitating its alignment.
- Milwaukee. A hard corset that is able to stretch and support the spine of a person along the entire length, prevent the development of scoliosis. For convenience, the design provides for comfortable locks and a saddle designed for the pelvis.
- Lyons. It consists of vertical rigid plates made of durable metal. To the obvious advantages of this design is that its height can be adjusted. Therefore, as the child grows up, parents do not have to often change the old corset for a new one.
- Boston. Very tightly adheres to the body and prevents the progression of scoliosis. With this design, the spine is securely fixed and gradually aligned.
Before using the corset, always consult your doctor. From the degree of neglect of scoliosis depends on how long it takes to wear an orthopedic product, how many hours per day it will take. The positive side of using the corset is obvious. The load on the spine decreases, the pain in the back area disappears. With the correct use of the corset in humans, correction of deformations and curvatures of the spine is observed.
Physical exercises for the prevention and treatment of scoliosis
LFK (therapeutic physical culture) is a conservative method used in the treatment of scoliosis at home. Vertebrologists claim that patients with diseases of the musculoskeletal system, scoliosis achieve good results in daily exercise therapy. Complexes of exercises are aimed not only at correcting the pathology, but also used for the prevention.
Conditionally the whole process can be divided into three stages. This is a warm-up, a basic load and a conclusion.
The first session is recommended to be conducted at a slow pace, avoid sudden movements and heavy loads on the spine.
In the pathology of the musculoskeletal system, scoliosis, in no case should one engage in the following types of exercises:
- fast and exhausting run;
- all kinds of jumps;
- twisting the body in a lying position, sitting or standing.
Gymnastics in scoliosis, which is assigned to the patient, is designed for passive traction of the spine. The exercise therapy should include exercises for the lumbar region and legs, which alternate with each other.
- Walking. Move slowly and slowly, do not lift your knees high. And do not forget to breathe properly. At the expense of “one, two” – to inhale, to “three, four” – exhalation.
- Exercises for the hull. Stand up straight, legs should be shoulder width apart. Hands raise up, then sideways and slightly back. If done correctly, you can immediately feel that the muscles in your back are involved and working.
- Squats. The legs are wider than the shoulders. Perform shallow sit-ups with a slight inclination of the body forward.
The main load on the spine:
- Take the position lying on your back and put your hands behind your head. On exhalation, raise your elbows up, continuing to hold the brushes in the lock at the back of your head. On inhalation it is necessary to return to the starting position.
- Lie on your stomach, hands at the seams. Carefully and slowly lift the right and left leg alternately. If the performance of the exercise delivers severe discomfort – it is recommended to stop immediately.
- Change position, lie on your back. Pull the neck and shoulders up, and the legs – down. Delay in the extended position for a few seconds and return to the starting position. When there is pain in the spine, it is recommended that you stop and consult with your doctor.
The final part of the training:
After the done exercises, you must give the muscles and spine a rest. Take a breath, take a standing position and repeat the exercise called “walking”, which was in the warm-up. Doctors recommend lying in bed for at least an hour after exercise.
Thanks to physical exercises at home, you can see the positive dynamics in a few sessions. The muscles will return to their tonus, they will become firm and tight, they will stop worrying the pain in the spine.
Special massage for scoliosis
Massage is a real salvation for people suffering from scoliosis. It has a beneficial effect not only on the musculoskeletal system, but also helps to strengthen the spine, the nervous system, improves metabolism, promotes the acceleration of the blood flow and relieves the old cells of the epidermis on the surface of the skin. But at the same time, massage has a number of contraindications.
The procedure should not be done for people who are observed:
- blood diseases;
- consequences of hemorrhages;
- venereal diseases;
- hypertensive crisis;
- tuberculosis in an open form;
- purulent processes in the body.
Massage is divided into two forms: general and private.
At the first form the specialist does a full body massage, paying special attention to problem areas. Doctors say that it is necessary to repeat the procedure once a day, the treatment of scoliosis with a massage takes two to three months.
In the second form, the effect is exclusively on problematic areas: the lower back, the spine, the shoulder blades and the arms. As in the first case, massage is done daily.
Before performing the procedure, the specialist must identify the existing deficiencies of the spine, conditionally identify the problematic squares on the back and select the most effective technique. The massage cures scoliosis 1, 2, 3 and even 4 degrees. Before the procedure begins, the manual worker warms up the body parts, smoothly passing to the massaging of problem areas, spine, and blades. The final stage of the procedure involves relaxing the patient. To do this, the specialist does light, stroking the hands along the spine of the patient.
Coniferous thermal baths for the treatment of scoliosis
In scoliosis, osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernias, osteophytes and arthrosis, application of thermal baths is indicated. Most often, patients are attributed turpentine, hydrogen sulfide and radon baths. But the greatest success is enjoyed by coniferous thermal procedures.
The needles contain a whole complex of useful vitamins and minerals. The use of natural components improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system, removes toxins from the body, restores the muscles. Coniferous baths are useful to people suffering from excess weight and constant nervous tension.
The most common recipes for bath mixes are:
- Take 1 kg of needles of coniferous tree, a few cones, pour two liters of clean water. Bring to a boil, hold the solution on fire for at least one hour. Ready mix can be added to the bath.
- At 7-10 liters of clean water will require 150-200 mg of pine extract. Add 200 g of spruce needles to the resulting solution, let it brew for 20-30 minutes.
300 g of juniper add in a liter of hot water, leave to infuse for 40 minutes. Strain the resulting solution and add it to the bath.
- Before the procedure, you need to check the water temperature in the bath. It should not be above 40 degrees. As for the time, for the first procedure it will be enough 10-15 minutes, in the future it is desirable to gradually increase the time. The collection of raw materials for baths is desirable to be carried out away from industrial areas.