Chondrosis is degenerate-dystrophic pathology in a particular area of the spine. When this cartilage gradually transformirovalsya in the bone. The process is accompanied by severe pain. Therefore, the treatment of chondrosis and its prevention is so important.
To identify the disease at early stage is quite difficult, since there are no external symptoms. Often with advanced pathology symptoms were also not observed. To treat chondrosis as soon as possible to prevent development of more serious disease – osteoarthritis.
Treatment at home is possible, but all actions must be agreed with a specialist. Specifics of treatment for different types of the disease are very similar. Often practice a holistic therapy consisting of medication, massage, physical therapy, well-chosen food and folk remedies. There are several types of the disease: cervical, thoracic and lumbar hondros.
Drugs are an integral part of the effective treatment of chondrosis for a speedy recovery. The medication will help to speed up the process of recovery and reduce pain during periods of exacerbation. Any drugs must choose a doctor. They can be taken orally or applied to the surface of the skin. There are several groups of medicines that help in the treatment of disease.
PSPA is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory remedies (Ibuprofen, Meloxicam, Diclofenac). Used for the relief of severe and prolonged pain attacks. Often produced in the form of tablets, capsules, patches and injections. Quickly and effectively relieve pain and inflammation. With prolonged use begins to cause more harm than good to the body. You may experience the following side effects: stomach ulcers, internal bleeding. This is why patients with diseases of the digestive system is not prescribed these drugs.
Muscle relaxants – drugs needed to eliminate the spasm in the muscle in the damaged areas of the spine (Fisalud, Mydocalm). They do not have a therapeutic effect, but only to complement anti-inflammatory drugs. This class of medications can reduce the pain compressed the spinal roots. Available in tablets and injections.
Analgesics – strong pain relievers. Sold only by prescription or are introduced by a doctor yourself. Necessary for the relief of strong pain and eliminate symptoms of chondrosis. After this phase of treatment can proceed to rehabilitation.
Chondro – drugs, the active ingredients which are elements of cartilage. This medicine is necessary for recovery of the intervertebral discs and stop the development of chondrosis.
Today offers a wide range of physiotherapeutic procedures, which are medical clinics. Physical therapy allows us to treat a certain area of skin, not hurting others. The following is a list and description of treatments.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
- Laser therapy – a procedure in which a special helium-neon laser acts directly on the nervous tissue. It allows you to “massage” the nerve. This technique is very effective for the treatment of cervical chondrosis. However, the procedure appeared not so long ago, so it’s hard to appreciate it in the long term.
- Electrotherapy is a type of physiotherapy in which the patient applied to the affected area several bands with connected electrodes. Through them passed a weak current, and affect the nervous and cartilage. Also, the procedure allows to speed up the metabolism and restore blood flow to a certain area. On the effectiveness of this procedure is on a par with the services of a professional masseur. Electrotherapy is not suitable for people with pacemakers.
- Ultrasound therapy is not a very common procedure because of its high cost. The effect is similar to the electrotherapy, however, involve small areas of the skin. The gist of it is that with the help of sound waves to massage the diseased tissue. More effective treatment occurs when using ultrasound is administered different medicines. For Example, Hydrocortisone. This drug in combination with ultrasonic physical therapy allows you to quickly regenerate tissue and helps in the treatment of chondrosis.
- Magnetic therapy is a treatment based on the application of a strong magnetic waves, which when exposed to the spine massaging the joint cartilage. The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the power of the medical device and the physiological characteristics of the person.
- Balneotherapy – treatment with special mud. First, the patient receives a massage, and then applied a healing mud for half an hour. The effect of this treatment on the development of chondrosis is quite weak, but you can use this type of therapy as a General tonic for the body.
- Shock wave therapy is similar to regular massage. Its feature is that the patient wears a special belt that creates the vibration by using sound waves. Perfect for the treatment of lumbar chondrosis. Vibration knead the muscles move the vertebrae, and heat the desired area. The procedure is very gentle and will not harm even those people who are contraindicated to conventional manual massage.
- UFO – secondary therapy. Much similar with electrotherapy. In the warmed plot accelerates blood flow.
- Home physical therapy devices – are sold in pharmacies, allow all of the procedures at home. They are suitable for those patients who find it difficult to move and every time to go to physiotherapy in the hospital. The most famous and low-cost devices – Almag and Raton. They have a small size and low price. Almag will allow for the magnetic therapy at home, and Raton – ultrasonic physiotherapy.
After relief of pain with drugs come to the aid of massage. For this you can consult a professional masseur or to master the techniques yourself. The main thing – do not hurt yourself during treatments and to achieve the desired effect in the treatment.
Self-massage is easier to perform when the cervical chondrosis. This massage is as follows: first are light stroking with the palms over the skin of the neck and upper chest muscles, then you need to knead and RUB with fingertips sore spots. This massage should be carried out on clean skin, on which no signs of inflammation or any damage.
During the massage you will have to work hard. The preferred stretch your muscles along the vertebrae thumbs or palm edge. Also a good solution for the treatment will be the shallows on the back. For this you need to sit on the floor cross-legged and clutching at the stop. You can then start to roll back on the floor forward and backward movements should resemble a rocking chair. So there is a massage of the back and spine under the weight of the whole body.
Self-massage at home can be carried out not only with his hands. For this purpose, special devices – electrical devices for massage, rollers, vibro, applicator Lyapko and iplikator Kuznetsova. The last two are sold in pharmacies, at very reasonable prices. If the budget is unlimited, you can even purchase a special electric massage chair. Handheld massagers usually are inexpensive, easy to use and give the desired effect.
Contraindication for manual massage when chondrosis is the presence of viral diseases, and diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
It is also worth to mention about acupuncture. Acupuncture is rooted in ancient Eastern medicine. Still some people use this type of treatment. However, finding a real master is difficult. Doctors relate differently to acupuncture. Some argue that Oriental medicine really works, while others think it’s all a quackery.
Special gymnastic exercises prescribed by the doctor in order to speed up the healing process and strengthen the body of the patient after the transferred chondrosis. They help to restore the metabolism, and improve blood flow to all organs, particularly the muscles of the neck, back and waist. Depending on the localization of the development of chondrosis specialist picks the right exercises.
When the cervical chondrosis:
- You need to sit on a chair and place your hands evenly on the knees. Then slowly bend the head forward. The patient should feel the tension of the neck muscles. At the end of exercise to return to its original state. Repeat 10 times.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. His head tilted forward, then tilt it sideways to shoulder. Repeat in the other direction.
- The same starting position. To perform the head tilts right and left so as to feel the stretching of muscles in the back of the neck.
- Applying the left hand to the left temple. Sticking your head so you feel the tension of the neck muscles for 5 seconds.
When the lumbar chondrosis:
- Put your feet exactly shoulder-width apart, straighten your back. Put your hands on the belt and slowly, without bending back, lean forward. You can also do tilts right and left.
- Exercise “cat”: get on all fours and bend your back up and down.
- Lie down on a flat surface and try as hard as possible to push the spine into it. Hold 10 seconds, then relax. Make 10-15 repetitions.
Such a simple exercises for the prevention and treatment of chondrosis can be performed virtually anywhere – at home or in the workplace. It will take up to ten minutes and very effective.
Various non-traditional methods of treatment helps to stop the progression of the disease and begin to heal it. There are many folk remedies: warm, compresses, baths, teas.
- Add 200 grams of garlic 0.5 liters of alcohol and insist in a two weeks. This tincture rubbed on the problem area.
- Grated raw potato mix in equal proportions with honey. To apply to the affected area not more than 1 time a week.
- RUB the concoctions of vegetable oil in the ratio of one to two. Apply on desired area for 40 minutes and cover with a warm cloth.
- Mix pork fat and crushed hop cones in equal proportions. Massage into skin before bedtime.
Medicinal baths against chondrosis:
- Cook a decoction of 3 kg of pine cones and pine needles in 5 liters of water. Infuse for two hours and pour into a warm bath. To take a bath half an hour.
- 300 grams of dried chamomile pour five gallons of boiling water. After two hours, strained the broth pour into the tub and take her.
Tinctures for the treatment of chondrosis:
- One teaspoon of minced celery pour boiling water and leave overnight. Then strain the decoction and drink it 3 times a day by the spoonful.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lilac flowers, 300 grams of radish juice and 200 grams of honey. Pour two shots of vodka and leave the tincture on the day. It is impossible to take inside, but you can RUB the sore areas.
- Take 25 grams of the roots and bark of barberry, mix them with 10 millilitres of alcohol. Take tincture three times a day 30 drops.
Prevention of chondrosis
In the prevention of chondrosis is recommended to perform light exercises. It will help to maintain muscle tone, and they, in turn, will maintain the necessary mobility of the vertebrae. In addition, regular exercise provide optimum blood supply to cartilage.
Also to prevent chondrosis need to adhere to proper diet. Increase foods rich in protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals can help to stop the degenerative process in the intervertebral discs. The most useful products when chondrosis are fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy products, lean meat, fish, cereals and greens. It is necessary to limit the consumption of salt, alcohol and spicy, fried, sweet and fatty foods.
Also during this period, doctors restrict the patient in physical activity – playing sports for long periods is contraindicated. Therefore, pregnant women should carefully monitor their health. Often out on walks, finding the appropriate physical exercise, less worry, and to adhere to proper diet. All of these recommendations will help to prevent the development of chondrosis.The development of chondrosis is having a big impact on hormones.
Most often, cervical chondrosis sick pregnant women, as declining levels of estrogen can cause the deterioration of the protective function of the cartilage. It is because of these hormones chondrosis catches up with women later in life than men. But in the period of carrying a child load on the spine and his cervical spine is increased, and the production of hormones decreases, so to get sick easier.
It is also worth to follow these rules for the prevention of chondrosis:
- To drink small amounts of fluid before exercise. This will prevent drying out of the tissues of the body and friction of cartilage loss of moisture.
- Periodically conduct self-massage of the back using an electric or vibrating tumblers, or see a specialist.
- Never raise and keep gravity at arm’s length.
- After a long work you need a little exercise, stretch and do small exercises for the neck and spine.
- Try not to make any sudden movements, especially when tilted.
- At home cleaning as little as possible to bend and stand in awkward positions.
- If you need to carry heavy loads over long distances, it is better to use a trolley or bag on wheels.
- To sleep on a flat hard surface, use a mattress on springs is not recommended.
- It is best to sleep on the pillow in the form of a roller. This form will allow to reduce the load on the cervical spine.
- Visit the baths and swim in the pool, such classes have a positive impact on the body and prevention are chondrosis.
- Try to keep proper posture during sleep, in the workplace and keep your posture when walking.
Chondrosis is the primary stage of developing degenerative disc disease. Therefore, it is important to quickly begin to treat this disease. Treatments are many and vary according to the degree and nature of the impact on the fabric. The use of all types of therapy in the complex will help to achieve a positive result in the treatment of chondrosis. The important thing is to consult with your doctor before the procedure and to choose the most appropriate. Also, prevention is very important chondrosis. You need only observe some recommendations and to follow the right diet.
Low back pain is an insidious disease that is constantly progressing in the absence of proper treatment. This is especially true when localizing…