A healthy spine is largely the basis of good overall health. Its curvature, the running condition and the injury is fraught with functional failures in operation of various organs, systems, as well as a decrease in human performance, up to disability.
Existing exercise with a herniated cervical spine are designed to minimize pain symptoms and gradually restore muscle tissue and cartilage, by increasing the intensity of the blood supply to the problem areas.
Causes of hernia in the cervical spine and related symptoms
The predecessor of the intervertebral hernia in the cervical spine is low back pain. Mostly work, sitting all day long, and the absence of scheduled physical activity leads to the fact that the impact of body weight on the spine is uneven. In conjunction with the defective irregular eating and constant stress it becomes favorable for the development of osteoarthritis. Often the person ignores the warning signs, drowning out their pain-relieving drugs.
Over time, the vertebrae, bearing increased load, put undue pressure on the intervertebral disc, causing its shell wears out. Ultimately, fluid inside the drive, looking out from under the pressure bulges in the side, forming a pouch – hernia.
This education puts pressure on the nerve endings along the spine, and the brain receives an intense pain signals:
- drawing pain across the back of the neck;
- pain in shoulders and arms, inhibit movement;
- tingling and numbness of the neck;
- difficulty turning the head;
- numb tingling in fingers;
- the decrease in visual acuity.
These symptoms are warning signs that need urgent visit to the doctor. Herniated spine pain pills, injections and patches local applications are only a partial relief of a temporary nature.
The effect of a herniated disc on the body and consequences of her running the state
Herniation of the cervical spine significantly reduces human performance. Pain in the hands can make it difficult to perform daily duties. Pulling and shooting pain in the neck, shoulders, aggravated by sharp movements, turns, sneezing and coughing. The main danger of this disease lies in the fact that along the neck are blood vessels and the arteries that supply the brain with blood and therefore oxygen and the hernia steadily interferes with this process, the consequences of which can be:
For the prevention and treatment of HERNIA in our constant reader uses the increasingly popular NON-surgical method of treatment is recommended by leading German and Israeli orthopedists.
Thoroughly acquainted with him, we decided to offer it to your attention.
- high blood pressure;
- loss of coordination;
Threat to human health and life consequences can be avoided, if not tightening to resort to professional assistance.
Treatment of herniated cervical
If there is no pressing need for the intervention of the surgeon’s scalpel for the treatment of herniated cervical spine is pharmacological therapy in conjunction with therapeutic exercise. Their effect comes rather quickly. But only regularly engaging in appropriate exercises to maintain and consolidate the result. Therefore, immediately after the acute phase is resolved, you can begin to perform the exercises, which must be discussed with your doctor.
Rules for the implementation of therapeutic exercises for the upper spine
Exercises for neck hernia, you should know that:
- Training for the treatment of hernia begin to run only after the removal of inflammatory processes, after the acute phase of the disease.
- Movement should cause the minimum pain and discomfort. If there is sharp pain, exercises reduce, or stop altogether.
- Each exercise is performed in a very measured pace and smoothly.
- Prohibited sharp strokes, jerks, bumps, jumps.
- Start with the most simple exercises.
- The intensity of training increasing gradually every day.
- The number of repetitions start with 5-6 times.
- The set of exercises is better to do 4-5 times a day.
Wear for a long time, the tissue will not recover quickly. Therefore, physical therapy for the spine should be introduced gradually into a useful habit.
Exercise with a herniated cervical spine
The basic elementary complex exercise with a herniated cervical spine is assembled from the simplest of exercises. Their daily performance has good health and a preventive effect:
Standing, feet shoulder width apart, hands quietly located along the body. Slowly turn your head alternately left and right 5-7 times in each direction.
Keeping the same body position, perform a smooth tilting the head forward and return it to the upright position. These 10 repetitions.
In the same way the head gently tilted back and forth, repeating 10 times.
Exercises for the treatment of hernia, you can continue with a slight pain in the upper back. But if there is a sharp intense pain in my neck and shoulders, playing is stopped.
These seemingly simple exercises for the neck are very useful:
- increases blood flow to the neck;
- restores the elasticity of muscle;
- regenerated cartilage tissue;
- returns the mobility of the vertebrae;
- reducing the load on the intervertebral layer.
It should be remembered that exercise cannot be done in spurts or in a hurry.
Exercises according to the method of Mackenzie
A good daily workout for the neck and a slight stretch her muscles will become McKenzie exercises herniated cervical spine:
- Standing on all fours, you’re arching your back as high up as possible, with his head rushing down to the floor. Then, on the contrary, slowly bend your back, pointing the chin up.
- Lying flat on the floor, his head tucked under a low cushion, lift the hands above the head parallel to the floor, then lower back down.
- In the sitting position, keep your back straight, press your chin to your chest.
All the exercises are repeated 15 times at a slow pace. If there is pain associated with the neck or shoulders, then the recurrence is reduced to 7-8 times.
Isometric exercises in diseases of the neck
To relieve neck pain and restore the internal structure of the fabrics are great exercises on the principle of isometry:
- Take the palm to the castle to place them on the back of the head, breaking its own slight resistance, try to tilt your head back.
- Tilt your head to the right shoulder, place your left ear on your palm and try to raise his head up, overcoming the resistance of hands. Then repeat to the left shoulder.
- Supporting the fist under the chin, try to lower your head forward and down.
- Turn head to the right, interfering with her left hand, seized his head to the right and lifting her left for themselves. To execute the same in the other direction.
- Tilt your head forward, take the palm to the castle, put them on your head and try to lift his head straight.
Each element of isometric gymnastics repeat 8-10 times. You do not need to create the hands of excessive resistance. All should be done with measured power and speed.
Such a neat simple exercises, with regular prolonged execution can be good enough to pump the muscles of the neck. Developed neck muscles will pull the vertebrae, increasing the distance between them, thereby removing the excessive load on the intervertebral discs.
Exercises to ease the acute stage of a herniated cervical
There are times when the acute phase of the disease may take the person away from medical institutions and pharmacies.
Then the can help light exercises for the spine herniation to reduce pain and facilitate mobility:
- Exactly sitting, doing shoulders in a circular motion 3-4 times back and forth.
- From the same position, his hands very slowly diluted in the hand, lift up and gently without jerks lowered down;
- Without changing the original position, make smooth strokes of his hands up and down and then side – down.
- Completing the charging, the fingers compress in a fist and release.
Each item is made only for 5-6 times in a very measured pace. During exacerbation of symptoms of a hernia in the cervical spine exercises a comprehensive again during the day about 4-5 times. This will help to improve the blood flow to the vessels in the upper spine, relieve excessive tension in the muscles of the neck and hands, which will return mobility to the joints and removes pressure on the discs between the vertebrae.
Prevention of diseases of the spine
In the rush of the modern world, every person is subjected to large stress loads which weaken the immune system and resistance of organism as a whole. If we add to this irregular meals, bad habits, and inactivity, collectively formed the conditions for the spine, which carefully support the person throughout his life. Sometimes just a regular cold or lifting in the wrong position back, and have pain in the lower back and neck.
In order to avoid such sudden troubles, is still often to take care of yourself:
- Eat right without missing Breakfast.
- Do the workout multiple times during the day, especially during sedentary work.
- To develop the right mindset to counteract stress.
- To be able to relax at the end of a hard day. For example, taking a hot bath with salt, which will help to remove tension from the muscles.
- Observe the rules of safe exercise, especially when engaging in serious sports.
All of the above exercises can be done herniation of the upper spine, and you can use them and avoid this disease. It is very convenient to do the exercises for the spine on video, which clearly demonstrated each movement, its speed and intensity. Back training will help to maintain mobility, improve muscle elasticity and regularly remove unnecessary strain and tension from the spine.
You should always remember that despite obvious problems, accompanied by severe long-term pain and difficulties moves, you must first consult a doctor who will professionally fix the symptoms and treatment will be conducted according to all required surveys. Only the physician should explain to the patient what drugs he shown, and what exercises are acceptable and useful in his condition.