Spasm of cerebral vessels is a very dangerous condition in which the clearance between the walls of blood vessels narrows this breaks the bloodstream. If before this disease occurred exclusively in people aged, while today it affects people older than 30 years. Sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, stress, constant lack of sleep, low back pain – all these factors contribute to the development of this disease. Men from spasm of cerebral vessels are affected more often than women.
What is the reason?
- Chronic fatigue. If a person is forced for a long time to work on the computer, because of this, there may come a spasm of blood vessels and blood supply of the brain will deteriorate.
- The lack of sleep. The body needs rest, but if people are constantly sleep deprived, it affects his health. Due to spasm of the vessels may appear painful sensations in the head and other unpleasant signs of lack of sleep.
- The lack of oxygen. If you long to be in an unventilated room, the brain will lack of oxygen. That is why the room should always be ventilated.
- Smoking. If a person smokes, the risk of spasms of the vessels is somewhat higher, as this habit promotes vasoconstriction.
In addition to the above factors that lead to this dangerous disease, there are diseases that also can cause spasm of blood vessels, namely:
- heart disease;
- thyroid disease;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine;
- brain tumors;
- kidney disease;
- eye diseases.
Due to spasm of blood vessels most often suffer vision. The man in front appears as if the veil, which prevents to see normally. This condition can last from a few minutes up to one hour. A bout of stop special medicines. Most often, this affects people with hypertension, as well as those that undergo frequent stress and overload. With prolonged spasm can a person completely blind, as there will be necrosis of the retina.
Also, the cause of spasms can be a common situation. For example, if a person went for a walk outside in the bitter cold without a hat or have experienced severe stress, and maybe have abused alcohol.
It is important to remember that any strong emotion whether it is sad or joyful can lead to spasm of blood vessels.
That’s why Indian yogis try to avoid any strong emotions, so as not to expose your body danger.
How can you recognize?
It is important to know the symptoms of spasm of the blood vessels of the brain to be able to recognize them and get tested. If the diagnosis is confirmed, the doctor will prescribe the necessary medication.
- dizziness and pain in the head;
- loss of coordination, memory and speech;
- the advent of the shroud and obscure flies in the eyes;
- the roar in his ears, the motion is amplified;
- you may also experience nausea and vomiting.
As a rule, when vasospasm pain syndrome may be localized in any part of the skull. Cause this condition can emotional stress or even a change in the weather. Very often suffer from spasms aged people with hypertension, and these symptoms may occur in young people living in big cities. It is primarily associated with poor environment. In the air a lot of toxic substances, they can trigger the vasospasm, so young people can have these symptoms.
Is it so dangerous?
In fact, normal vessels constrict and dilate due to the adaptive mechanism of the body, this process is regulated in a natural way. But sometimes it is for whatever reason stops working and then can cause serious health problems.
If the vessels lent, the circulation of the brain is deteriorating, and the shortage of supply directly affects the brain, decreased concentration. In advanced cases, this narrowing of blood vessels can lead to stroke. It can occur due to heavy loads experienced by the vessels, their walls become thinner and can appear aneurysm.
This disease is very dangerous, so you need the appearance of a spasm of cerebral vessels as quickly as possible to go to the doctor and to pass inspection. Treatment can be both conservative and operative.
If you delay the visit to the doctor, it could end in death.
How to diagnose?
Before you can assign the necessary drugs to the doctor is necessary to conduct research that will help to make a correct diagnosis. But initially, he drew attention to complaints, age, and General condition of the patient. He needs to know about the provoking factors that can cause spasm of cerebral vessels.
- Ultrasound of the blood vessels. Thus, the vessels of the neck, the doctor looks not impaired if the blood stream, estimates the diameter of blood vessels and other important characteristics.
- An x-ray. This study is necessary if the doctor suspected the patient has osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. It allows you to see characteristic changes.
- MRI. This method though is expensive, but it is the most informative. Gives complete information on the status of all vessels.
In addition to the above studies for an accurate diagnosis, you may need other, for example, analysis of blood and urine tests to rule out other diseases.
In order to avoid stroke, vasospasm should be treated. But above all, you must pass an examination to the doctor accurate diagnosis. Without knowing it, you cannot self-medicate, otherwise you can hurt yourself.
Treatment is usually medication, the patient’s doctor needs to take certain pills will help to cope with this disease.
It is very important to know the cause of the disease, if it is able to eliminate all the unpleasant symptoms will take place.
In the treatment of this disease is usually used following medications:
- vasodilator drugs;
- drugs to improve cerebral circulation;
- drugs that improve oxygen uptake by the cells of the body.
The treatment of this disease does a doctor a neurologist. But if you don’t know your diagnosis, it is better to start to turn to the therapist, and he is already guided to the right doctor.
In addition to medical treatment to cope with the spasm of cerebral vessels help proven popular recipes. But before applying you need to make sure that there are no contraindications such as Allergy. It is therefore better to consult a doctor.
- Cold compress. It is difficult of frozen water, and decoction of the following herbs: St. John’s wort, plantain, and dandelion root. This recipe is simple and very effective, quickly relieves the spasm and decreases pain syndrome.
- Useful decoction. It is made from rose hips and drink as tea. This is not only useful, but tasty. Thanks to this broth lowers blood pressure and improves vessels.
- Decoction of thyme and garlic. It is brewed with boiling water and drink before meals. The treatment is a course for 60 days.
In addition to the above recipes to alleviate the condition will help massage. You can contact a professional, and you can do it yourself. To do this, enough every day to RUB with gentle circular motions forehead and temples, also need to massage the occipital.
Another alternative treatment is aromatherapy. It not only helps to remove the spasm of brain vessels, but also has a calming effect. Best of all with this purpose cope the aromatic oils of Jasmine and lavender.
An important role in the treatment and prevention of vascular diseases plays a diet. The diet of the patient must be fruits and vegetables.
- onions and nuts.
The consumption of fried, fatty, smoked, pickled food should be kept to a minimum, better not to refuse it. Particularly harmful animal fats, as they contribute to the appearance of atherosclerosis.
For the prevention of useful to drink herbal teas, if there are no contraindications. Best suited motherwort, Valerian, oregano. In addition will be healthy tea with honey and lemon. But coffee, strong tea, various soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are contraindicated. Allowed dairy products, but their consumption need to limit fat. The consumption of salt and sugar, it is desirable to minimize.
Spasm of cerebral vessels treated successfully with timely treatment of the patient.
For prophylaxis is recommended to follow the above useful tips. You should eat healthy food, lead an active lifestyle, stop Smoking and alcohol, avoid stress – all of these tips will not only help to protect yourself from this disease, but also to maintain health for many years.