Completely get rid of this problem is possible only through surgery, but this method is not suitable for women in the position. Yes, and drug therapy should take into account the presence of the fetus and alleviate the condition of the woman without harming the health of the baby. In the first place varicose veins during pregnancy requires compliance with the regime of work and rest.
Doctors recommend their patients to perform therapeutic exercises and do self-massage. It is possible to increase the vascular tone with the help of such drugs for local treatment as “Troxevazin”, “Eskuzan”, “Ginkor Forte”, “Detralex”, “Glevenol”, etc. They allow to normalize capillary permeability, reduce platelet aggregation, minimize pain and normalize sensitivity.
But in any case, you must first consult with your doctor, as some drugs are not allowed to be used in the first trimester of pregnancy, and only a specialist will be able to evaluate all the risks to the fetus and the benefits for the woman. Varicose veins in pregnancy are treated with vitamins, especially C and PP, as well as calcium supplements.
Traditional methods of treatment:
All sorts of lotions, compresses, and baths made from infusions of medicinal herbs can alleviate the symptoms of the disease, but they cannot bring harm to health, so you can apply these treatments without consulting your doctor.
Here are some of them:
- Dry grass and flowers of wormwood in the amount of 3 tbsp. l Mix with 0.5 liters of yogurt. Moisten gauze in this solution and wrap the diseased limbs. Cover with cellophane on top. About 20 minutes to lie quietly, put your feet on the pillow. Compresses from cabbage leaves, scalded with boiling water, will help to get rid of the pain at night;
- Hop cones in the amount of 1 tbsp. l Pour a glass of boiling water and put in a water bath for 15 minutes. Raw material strain and squeeze, and the liquid used for making compresses. In the same way, it is possible to prepare an infusion of horse chestnut, but the compress is not recommended to cover with a film: it is better to use parchment paper for this;
- Calendula flowers in the amount of 1 tbsp. l brew a glass of boiling water in a thermos. Close the lid and leave for 1 hour. After filtering and add the infusion in melted lanolin in the amount of 200 g. Rub an ointment into the skin up to 3 times a day.
Prevention of varicose veins during pregnancy
In time taken preventive measures can largely reduce the manifestations of spider veins and minimize unpleasant consequences. Every woman in the position should wear a antenatal bandage, as it supports the uterus, reducing the compression of the veins of the pelvis and lower extremities.
On the advice of a specialist, you can additionally purchase elastic compression – tights, stockings, or just bandages. Such underwear will reduce stagnation and increase blood flow velocity several times. Varicose veins during pregnancy are often the result of malnutrition, provoking constipation. It is very important to get enough fiber to prevent the stagnation of fecal masses in the intestines.
A woman in a position should take care of herself, rest more, and if she is to work, she should work lightly. Sitting, cross-legged, is not recommended, as you can not bathe in the bath or sauna. Shoes choose a low – 3-4 centimeter heels. In the evenings, lie back, relaxing, putting a pillow under your feet. All these measures will help minimize the manifestations of varicose veins and will not allow the situation to go too far. And after childbirth, the body will recover itself and the strong manifestations of spider veins will disappear.
Pregnancy is a special period in the life of a woman when there is a cardinal restructuring of the body, aimed at preserving and carrying the fetus. Hormonal background changes, the number of hormones increases and the number of others increases, which causes relaxation of the muscle walls of the veins. In addition, the growing uterus puts pressure on the pelvis, slowing down the blood flow in the lower limbs and provoking venous insufficiency. How to deal with this and is it possible to fight?
Signs of varicose veins
About 40–60% of women associate the appearance of dilated veins in their legs with their interesting position. Of great importance is the hereditary factor and how quickly a woman is gaining weight.
Improper nutrition can also contribute to the emergence of spider veins, and with each new pregnancy the situation will only become more complicated.
Symptoms and stages of the disease:
- Expansion of veins during pregnancy begins with the appearance of small veins of blue or purple veins. This is the first stage of compensation, characterized by varicose veins and the appearance of varicose nodes. In addition to the unaesthetic appearance, a woman may be bothered by fatigue and a feeling of heaviness in her legs;
- Varicose veins in pregnant women of the second stage are characterized by the appearance of edema, aggravated by the end of the day. The feeling of heaviness in the legs grows, pain appears. At night, her legs begin to cramp;
- In the third stage, the venous nodes expand very strongly and appear clearly under the skin. The legs swell around the clock, and even sleep does not bring relief. Painful sensations accompany a woman even if she moves little and sits or lies more. This stage of decompensation is dangerous because it can lead to thrombosis.