The most common seasonal nuisance is the common cold – SARS – a disease of the respiratory system. Is only allowed to have cold feet or hands – tomorrow is a runny nose, sore throat, etc. most Likely it will, if nothing is done.
How to treat a cold at home? A cold can be stopped with the help of folk remedies and homeopathic medicines.
How to treat a cold at home – BATHS for COLDS:
FOOT BATH WITH MUSTARD for COLDS: If the cold feet came home, immediately poparte them in hot water with the addition of a mustard – 10 liters of water 1-2 tbsp.
FOOT BATH WITH SALT FROM THE COLD. Dryness in the nasopharynx, slight indisposition will help warm foot bath with salt or herbs. After the bath, wipe dry feet, wear wool socks, go to bed, get warmer. In a basin of warm water, 1 tablespoonful of salt, table or sea.
HERBAL FOOT BATH FOR COLDS. Chamomile, mint, nettle and sage to mix in 4-5 tablespoons of the mixture brew 1 liter of boiling water, close the lid and 20-30 minutes to boil on a slow fire. To insist, drain, squeeze and pour in a bowl, diluting with warm water to a temperature of 37-39 degrees.
HOT BATH FOR HANDS FROM THE COLD. Hands dip in hot water for 10 minutes. Wipe dry, wear a wool sweater with long sleeves, mittens and lay down under a blanket, at least 1 hour. Then the cold before you reach!
How to treat a cold at home – FOLK remedies for COLDS:
RUBBING THE SOLES FROM THE COLD. In the Lotus pose vigorously RUB the foot using the pads of the fingers, the edges of the palms, the knuckles of the hand. Massage not only the heel but the whole foot to warming and redness.
AMERICAN REMEDY FOR COLDS. 1 teaspoon peppermint pour 1 Cup of boiling water and heat on low heat for 5 minutes. Drain, add to the infusion of honey (1 tsp), 1 crushed clove of garlic and a little lemon juice. A warm beverage to drink for the night or get up in the morning healthy.
DRINK OF HIPPOCRATES FROM THE COLD. 2 glasses of red wine put 2 slices of lemon or orange, 1 tsp honey, pinch of cinnamon, 2 cloves, bring to boil and at night small SIPS to drink hot.
LEMON FOR COLDS. Slowly chew a slice of lemon, with the peel, and within an hour after that, eat nothing and drink. After 3 hours, repeat the procedure. Citric acid and essential oils contained in lemon, impact on the inflamed mucous membranes of the throat and good for beginning of sore throat.
MENOVAZIN IN THE COLD. Menovazin composition: 100 ml of alcohol and 2.5 g of menthol, 1.5 g of procaine, 1.5 g anestezina.
* Lubricate the front part of the neck menovazin 2 times a day, and then tie the neck with a warm scarf.
* 1 teaspoon menovazin dissolve in a glass of warm water and gargle at the first sign of a cold.
* Chill on the lips: moisten cotton wool with menovazin and treating herpes on lips.
A TREAT FOR IMMUNITY FROM COLDS. How to boost immunity folk remedies? Mince 1.5 cups of raisins, 1 Cup walnuts, 1/2 Cup almonds, the peel of 2 lemons, add the juice out of them and melted honey. The mixture insist 2 days in a dark place, take 1-2 tablespoons for an hour before eating, 3 times a day.
How to treat a cold at home – gargling for COLDS:
1. Herbs for gargling. Mix equal amounts of chamomile, eucalyptus and calendula (marigold). Take 1 tbsp. spoon mixture brew 1.5 cups of boiling water, simmer on low heat for 2 minutes, cover and infuse 30 minutes, drain. The solution is divided into 2 parts and gargle morning and evening. Initially, the temperature of the solution for rinsing should be 26 degrees, and then reduce by 1 degree per day and to increase to 16 degrees. This solution to rinse for another month. This method relieves inflammation of the throat and it hardens.
2. Beet juice for gargling. In a glass of beet juice, add 1 tablespoon vinegar (not essences) and gargle 5-6 times a day, until complete recovery. At the end of the rinse you can swallow 1 SIP of juice.
3. Kalanchoe juice. Juice Kalanchoe mix in half with warm water several times a day gargle with a cold. When cold the juice of Kalanchoe need to be instilled into the nose. The flu, Kalanchoe juice mixed with water taken orally.
4. Sage gargle.
* Brew 2 tablespoons of the leaves of sage 2 cups of boiling water, wrap and infuse for 30 minutes, then strain. Apply for rinsing with inflammation of the tonsils, mouth, gums.
* Sage and chamomile mix in equal amounts. 1 teaspoon of the mixture pour 1 Cup boiling water, insist 30 minutes and strain. Laryngitis gargle 5-6 times a day.
5. Herbs for gargling:
* 2 parts eucalyptus, chamomile, lime flowers and 1 part flax seeds.
* 2 parts chamomile and mallow (leaves, flowers, roots) and 1 part of oregano and sage.
* 2 parts St. John’s wort, calendula, chamomile , and 1 part flax seeds.
* 1 part chamomile, elecampane root, licorice root, Linden flower, rosemary, 1.5 parts of calendula and sage, 2 parts eucalyptus.
Preparation of infusion is used for gargle: 1 tablespoon of herb brewed Cup of boiling water and insist 30 minutes, drain. Warm infusion to gargle 4-5 times a day, and the last portion to swallow slowly.
How to treat a cold at home – HERBS for COLDS:
To treat the common cold can be infusions and decoctions of herbs, taking them in. How to prepare infusions and decoctions of herbs? Herbs, roots and flowers of plants must be crushed. For preparation fees to comply with the mass ratio specified in the recipe. Thoroughly mixed collection to store in a paper bag or glass jar.
Herbal infusions – cooking: 1 tbsp. spoon mixture of herbs brewed Cup of boiling water, to insist 30 minutes, drain.
Herbs – cooking:
a) 1 tablespoon of herb mixture pour a glass of hot water, cover, heat on a water bath for 30 minutes, cool for 10 minutes, drain and squeeze. In the resulting broth add boiled water to the original volume.
b) 1 tablespoon of herb mixture pour a glass of hot water, boil 5 minutes on low heat, drain. Add boiled water to the original volume.
Herbs for colds:
1 COLLECTION: Mother and stepmother – 1 part, plantain – 2 parts, horsetail herb – 3 parts, Primula veris – 4 parts. Used for cough, acute and chronic bronchitis, tracheobronchitis when. Infusion or decoction taken in the form of heat 3 times a day for 1/3 – ? glass.
2 the COLLECTION: 2 pieces of mother-and-stepmother, and viola tricolor, 3 parts licorice root and plantain. Take a warm infusion before meals for coughs, acute and chronic bronchitis, tracheobronchitis, 3 times a day for 1/3 – ? glass.
3 GATHERING: 3 parts plantain, and licorice root, 4 pieces of mother and stepmother. Take a warm infusion in diseases of the respiratory system half a Cup 3 times a day.
4 COLLECTION: 4 pieces of marshmallow root and mother and stepmother, 2 parts oregano. Take a warm infusion in diseases of the respiratory system half a Cup 3 times a day.
5 COLLECTION: 2 parts marshmallow root, mother and stepmother, and 1 part oregano. Warm infusion take 0.5 Cup, every 3 hours for colds.
6 COLLECTION: 2 parts raspberry fruit and 1 part oregano. The infusion is used as a diaphoretic and an expectorant. Drink hot infusion 3-4 times a day for 0.5 cups.
7 COLLECTION: fruits of raspberry and Linden flowers mix in equal amounts. To make a decoction of 2 tablespoons of mixture and 2 cups of boiling water. Drink hot infusion 3-4 times a day for 0.5 cups as antipyretic and anti-inflammatory for colds and flu.
8 FEE: 4 parts licorice root 6 pieces of lime flowers. Hot infusion take 1 Cup 2-3 times a day for colds, as a diaphoretic and anti-inflammatory drugs.
How to treat a cold at home – INHALATION for COLDS:
For inhalation use, as modern inhalers, and conventional pot with a large towel or kettle of boiling water and a funnel of thick paper. Inhalation mixtures are prepared on the basis of infusions or decoctions, by diluting them with boiled water in proportion 1:2 or 1:3. For inhalation for colds, you can apply essential oils, baking soda, and so on.
1. Herbs for inhalation laryngitis, tracheitis, tonsillitis, tonsillitis. The collection of herbs: 2 parts sage , and elecampane root, 1.5 parts of eucalyptus and pine buds, 1 part chamomile, mint, thyme. To make an infusion or decoction of herbs mixture and cook inhaled mixture, as described above.
* Inhalation with soda. Baking soda – 4-5 tablespoons dissolved in 1 liter of hot water. Alternately, to breathe through the mouth and nose. Relieves runny nose and reduces phlegm in the bronchi.
* Pine buds for inhalation by coughing. Pine buds (3-4 tablespoons) cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes in 1 liter of water. Inhaled the pine scent will clear the bronchi and relieve the cough.
Oil for inhalation for colds:
How to do inhalation? There are several ways:
1) 0.5 – 1 liter of boiling water few drops of essential oil. To cover with a towel, so as not passed the air outside, and breathe in the steam for 5-7 minutes and nose and mouth. Then go to bed and a good shelter. One day to do 2-3 treatments.
2) In a kettle with boiling water drip a few drops of oil, plug in the spout of the funnel, made of heavy paper and breathe 5-7 min.
3) Sprinkle essential oil on a cotton ball and breathe in with your nose for 5-7 minutes.
4) Pour oil on the palm, RUB well, squeeze your nose and breathe 5-7 min.
* Eucalyptus oil for inhalation. In a kettle of boiling water (0,5-1 liter) drip 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil and breathe through the funnel 5-7 minutes. Decreased secretions from the nose and cleared the airway.
In addition to eucalyptus can be used for inhalation essential oils: tea tree, peppermint, oregano, ginger, bergamot, sandalwood, lavender, Clary sage and fir oil.
* Blend of oils for inhalation for colds:
Bronchitis: 2 drops of eucalyptus oil and bergamot, 3 drops lavender.
Laryngitis, sore throat: 3 drops oil of thyme, 2 drops lavender, 1 drop sandalwood.
The flu: 3 drops of eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree.
Balm “gold star” for inhalation for colds:
* If any colds: take balm the size of a match head, stir in boiling water (0.5 l), cover with a towel and inhale the vapors for 15-20 minutes morning and evening.
* For colds, coughs, bronchitis: 10 pieces of eucalyptus leaves to brew in a saucepan until boiling, remove from heat, add balsam “gold star” of a match head, cover with a towel and breathe in pairs.
* Colds: herbs – chamomile, sage, thyme, mother-and-stepmother, a Linden, eucalyptus 1 tablespoon boil for 3 minutes in 1 liter of water. Brew and drink as tea. Then the same grass again pour 1 liter of boiling water, boil for 2 minutes. Add in the broth balm “gold star” of a match head and make inhalation. 4-5 inhalations and colds will pass.
How to treat a cold at home – MASSAGE for COLDS:
For colds it is recommended to do reflexology on the reflex zones of the face.
– 1 zone is on the midline between the eyebrows.
– 2 zone is located near the wings of the nose to the nasolabial crease.
Circular motion you need to press your fingers on the points for 2-3 minutes in one direction and then the other. During the day massage to do every hour. For the prevention of colds massage of reflex zones of the face is carried out 2-3 times a day.
How to protect yourself from colds?
Although completely protect themselves from the cold impossible, there are still some precautions. Here are the most important ones are:
* Avoid to visit those places where a large crowd of people.
* If a person has a runny nose, do not greet him by the arm.
* Wash your hands often and avoid rubbing the hands, nose and eyes.
These simple precautions are very effective, as it is through the hands often transferred the viruses of colds and fall on the sensitive membranes of the nose and eyes. Viruses cold for several hours retain their activity on the hands or on the surface of objects. So caught cold man before the appearance of symptoms of the disease for some time may already be contagious.
* To be protected from cold helps a balanced diet.
* Particular care should be exercised in dealing with children, as they manage to catch a cold about 5-8 times a year.
Prevention of colds:
Prevention of colds is a hardening of the body by the sun, air and water, exercise, adherence to the regime of the day and sleep, proper nutrition. All this will increase the body’s resistance to sudden changes of weather conditions.