The person asking in the medical forum question, why not go piss, and what to do should certainly get an answer from a qualified urologist after a comprehensive medical examination. Reasons why I want to the toilet, and urine is not, quite a lot. To be informed in this direction is to have all the chances to avoid dangerous conditions.
Acute urinary retention – a condition of the human body when with full bladder urine can not move away from existing obstacles. Partial retention of urine is also a painful condition when fully bladder is not emptied, though the urge to urinate can go one after the other.
As it happens
Before the attack of acute urinary retention noted mild pain, weak flow, weak urination, other symptoms depend on the causes of the painful condition. First, when an attack of acute urinary retention, there are urination, which is not urine or secreted in scanty quantities. If the patient experiences pain in the abdomen, aggravated by movement, of the urinary act.
Acute retention of urine in women is often accompanied by a discharge from the vagina, in men from the urethra. There are sometimes painful sensations in the head, increased blood pressure, vomiting, chills, fever. Examining the patient, the doctor detects a full bladder. Sometimes you can see the spherical protrusion in the lower abdomen, pressure on which causes pain.
The symptoms of chronic problems
In chronic course of the disease clinical signs are often absent.
- Heaviness in the abdomen.
- Frequent urination.
- Reducing the amount of urine.
- Partial emptying of the bladder.
- Out intermittent urine stream for 10-15 minutes.
In the case of paradoxical ischuria patient may want to urinate at a voltage of abdominal muscles and the pressure on the bladder
Medical statistics show that except in isolated cases, a sharp delay of urine is diagnosed in men. This situation is explained by the structural features of the urinary system: the presence of the prostate, which is often affected by the tumor, urethral stricture, resulting from inflammatory processes.
Why is delayed urine in men
The main reasons for the delay of urine in men is:
- The tumor of the prostate.
- Malignant growth of genitourinary system.
- Transferred venereal diseases.
- Acute and chronic prostatitis.
- Rupture of the urethra.
- Stones of the urethra.
Why not go pee in women
Delayed urine of women is much less frequently due to the shorter structure of the urethra and absence of the prostate.
The delay of urine in the fairer half is for the following reasons:
- Neurological pathology.
- The injured spine.
- Surgery on the uterus.
- Malignant neoplasms.
- Cysts of the urethra.
The use of alcohol or drugs can speed up the delay of urine if there is a predisposing factor. Older people can experience the full delay of urine after treatment with drugs atropinovy series.
What to do
Ischuria is a very dangerous phenomenon that requires urgent medical attention. Self-treatment at home can have very negative results. Attempt catheterization dangerous rupture of the bladder, injuries of the urethra, while the probability of infection, respiration develops an acute form of pyelonephritis and prostatitis.
The correct solution in this situation is to call an ambulance. Relief to the state for a short time can be attained by applying heat to the crotch area or take a warm bath, it is recommended to take antispasmodics. For medical care it is important to find out the causes of urinary retention. This will enable you to correctly determine therapies.
Help at home
When ischuria is possible to alleviate the patient’s condition in the following ways. Fold, moisten, squeeze sheet. Put it under the back stand 1 hour. After that, the same poultice applied to the abdomen. The first day applying morning and evening, in the following – 1 times when there are signs emerging ischuria. Grate 2 onions, using gauze to put the compress on the area of the bladder, after enduring 2 hours.
When the ambulance ischuria
If the circumstances are such that to the ambulance fails, you must remove the spasm and relax the muscles of the bladder. With this purpose, you need to take the following actions. The patient should drink a glass of not very cold water or cooled peppermint tea. A nice relaxing bath with a decoction of chamomile.
Regardless of the reasons for the delay of urine need to fail to catheterisable full bladder. It will be necessary to perform 2 functions: therapeutic and diagnostic, as further diagnosis is impossible without analysis of urine. Bladder catheterization brings noticeable relief: lost the pain and the urge on the emission of urine.
If for any reason, catheterization is impossible, it is advisable to puncture the bladder. In severe cases, a surgical intervention: imposed epicystostomy (catheter with on the abdominal wall). Further therapy is carried out depending on, which led to a ischuria.
Diagnosis in hospital
To determine what led to the delay of urine, conduct some research. On reception at the urologist conducted a survey of the patient, including palpation, a history of the disease. It appears complete or incomplete ischuria urine. It is important to differentiate full Isuzu from anuria when the urine in the body is not produced.
With incomplete retention of urine, part of it remains in the bladder. Sometimes the patient for a long time don’t notice it that often leads to stretching the muscular wall of the bladder, sphincters.
- General analysis of blood.
- The General analysis of urine.
- Biochemical analysis of blood.
Mandatory hardware research are: ultrasound, x-rays
CT is indicated.
For the treatment of ischuria is used:
- Antimicrobial drugs: Furagin, Chloramphenicol. The same medications used to prevent complications during catheterization.
- The bladder is washed with antiseptics.
- When tsitoskopii to withdraw urine through the abdominal wall insert the tube.
When there is ischuria on the background of operations or childbirth, it is recommended to moisten the genitals with warm water. Also introduced into the urethra procaine, intravenously infused methenamine.
Herbalists advise people who have problems with the urinary system to keep at home diuretic plants: currant leaves, birch buds, dill seeds, horsetail, chicory, parsley.
Tested recipes from urinary retention:
- Recipe 1. Celery juice. Twist with grinder the roots of celery squeeze the juice. Take in the sequel 15 days and 1 tablespoon 3 times a day 15 minutes before eating. You can use infusion: 100 g of crushed roots pour 300 ml of cold water. To insist 7 hours, and then make the same as juice.
- Recipe 2. Infusion of parsley. Taken 100 g of greens of parsley washed they are saturated with boiling water, placed in a pan, topped with milk, which should in the oven to mytopics. After straining for 2 days take every 2 hours on a teaspoon.
- Recipe 3. Infusion of leaves of black currant. The medicine is prepared according to the same recipe as the infusion of parsley. In addition to a diuretic effect, can be achieved by taking an infusion, strengthening the immune system.
- Proven diuretics are burdock root and juniper berries. Use the pharmacy collection of juniper. Taken in large quantities.
- Honey broth. Is taken 30 g of chopped birch leaves pour 500 ml of dry wine, boil on low heat continued 15 minutes, then added 5 teaspoons of honey, all mixed. The broth keep in the fridge, take 2 tablespoons after a meal.
Cranberry juice you should drink 0.5 l every day
Chronic illness that leads to ischuria, often fraught with serious complications, especially for the elderly.
Dangerous diseases arising in urinary retention are:
- Scarring of the bladder.
- Rupture of the bladder wall.
- Inflammation of the urinary tract.
- Renal failure.
- A diverticulum in the walls of the bladder.
- Atrophy of the bladder.
Ischuria often gives relapses. The introduction of the catheter into the vast majority of cases, causes inflammation of the urinary tract.
To avoid the pathology of the urinary system, you must perform the following recommendations. To prevent injuries of the genitourinary system. To exclude hypothermia. When treatment with drugs, appointed expert, you need to adhere to the norms and duration of medication.
Promptly identify and treat pathology, leading to a sharp delay of urine. Regularly undergo preventive examinations in medical institutions. In ischuria the forecast is positive, but keep in mind that there is a high likelihood of complications in the organs, leading to urinary retention.