What is the cholecystitis symptoms, treatment of this disease. These questions are of interest to patients. Cholecystitis is an inflammatory process that takes place in the gallbladder. Among the diseases of the organs located in the abdomen, cholecystitis is the most common disease.
Is it possible to cure this disease? In our days, suffering from cholecystitis in about 15 % of the adult population. Basically, this disease develops in people avoiding traffic, wrong eating suffering from endocrine disorders. Women susceptible to cholecystitis is several times more than men, because women take oral contraceptives, and carrying a child.
Inflammatory, metabolic and functional disorders treat numerous diseases of the biliary tract.
What causes cholecystitis?
Infections are the main cause of cholecystitis.
They get into the gall bladder, penetrating into the blood or lymph.
What could be the source of infection? Let’s note some factors:
- Acute inflammatory process in the gastrointestinal tract (pancreatitis, appendicitis, etc.).
- Respiratory tract (tonsillitis), oral cavity (periodontal disease).
- Reproductive system (female adnexitis, men’s prostate).
- Viral infection of the liver.
- Parasites of the biliary tract (giardiasis).
- Psychosomatic diseases of the biliary tract. Disruption of bile ducts. Possible violation of the outflow of bile and its subsequent stagnation.
- Abnormal development of the gallbladder.
- Enzymatic damage to the gallbladder due to pancreatic reflux. This can be found in diseases of the pancreas.
- Abnormal blood flow to the gallbladder. Manifested in atherosclerosis and diabetes and leads to vasoconstriction.
- The broken composition of bile. This can lead to damage to the walls of the gallbladder. Happens due to regular intake of fatty foods.
- The inflammatory process in the walls of the gallbladder due to allergic reactions.
- Bad heredity.
- Changes in the endocrine system (the delay period, pregnancy, obesity, etc.).
The above additional reasons – an ideal environment for proliferation of pathogenic bacteria.
The symptoms of the disease
The symptoms and treatment of the disease. There are 2 types of cholecystitis – acute and chronic.
Acute cholecystitis without stones hardly occurs, complications are not attracted ends happily, but sometimes becomes chronic cholecystitis. In most cases, is diagnosed with cholecystitis with the presence of gallstones and there are complications of cholelithiasis. At the initial stage of disease the person feels paroxysmal pain in right side under ribs, nausea, vomiting, significant fever. In some cases there is a fever and violation of the chair.
Acute calculous cholecystitis is accompanied by severe inflammatory process. Of possible complications liver abscess, peritonitis, cholangitis or pancreatitis. In this situation, it is urgent to schedule an appointment with a qualified surgeon to place the patient in a medical institution.
The disease progresses slowly, often begins during adolescence. The patient complains of stress.
The main symptom of disease – pain in right side under ribs. They can give and in the upper left part of the abdomen. Cholecystitis without stones involves some form of secondary dyskinesia. That is why the pain can be constant and aching in nature. Sometimes this pain is accompanied by burning sensation in the right hypochondrium.
When hyperkinetic dyskinesia of pain intense but short-lived. Cholecystokinin syndrome is accompanied by pain in the cardiac region, tachycardia, failures in the activities of the heart.
Prolonged cholecystitis solar plexus is involved in the destructive process. Appears solar syndrome. Its distinctive symptom is severe pain in the umbilical region, which is a bit gives back.
In the result of physical activity, alcohol consumption, hypothermia may increase pain. Sometimes you can find nausea or vomiting, which is associated with incipient pancreatitis or gallbladder dysfunction. During the inflammatory process in the gallbladder, the patient often complains of an unpleasant bitterness in the mouth.
Also may cause itching or a short-term appearance of jaundice. When the pathological process acute gallbladder, there is fever and chills.
From allergies in case of cholecystitis appears an allergic reaction.
In women is exacerbated by premenstrual syndrome. Before the onset of the critical days felt a noticeable headaches, mood swings.
The treatment of the disease
How to treat cholecystitis:
- The attending doctor prescribes antibacterial treatment depending on the concentration of antibiotics in bile. This treatment is possible with the existence of laboratory signs of inflammation.
- Symptomatic therapy. To normalize the bile ducts and relieve pain, the specialist often recommends a dose of antispasmodics.
- Widespread folk medicine. A beneficial effect on the treatment of cholecystitis has an addicting blend of herbs (Helichrysum and St. John’s wort). Positive effect, and has a tincture of flowers of tansy. The present rose hip syrup take before meals 3 times a day. This should be followed diet.
How to treat the disease? In addition to the main treatment should respect the day and eat right. A very important diet. Food is recommended to eat oat and semolina porridge, low-fat fish, pureed vegetable soup, the chicken cutlets on a couple.
Conservative treatment often uses fast, local hypothermia, a course of antibiotics. How to cure stroke? To remove the attack of cholecystitis, you need to stay in bed, take medicine, sit on a diet prescribed by the attending physician. And to prevent an attack of cholecystitis used therapeutic exercises. With the ineffectiveness of conservative treatment is indicated surgery.
Cholecystitis in children has similar symptoms to adults with cholecystitis. Only the treatment will vary depending on the age of the child. Assigned diet food the baby should be given in powdered form. Cholecystitis in children should be treated under the supervision of a pediatrician.
So, cholecystitis can be treated independently, but advice from a competent specialist is required.