Trial of Rehberg –Tareeva or otherwise, clearance of endogenous creatinine is one of the diagnostic methods diagnosis. It was developed by a scientist from Denmark Rehberg, and simplified the Soviet containers.
In simple terms, this test gives an idea about the ability of the body to cleanse itself of metabolic products that can harm. Lab testing is based on the performance of glomerular filtration rate (hereinafter SCF).
The method used in the case of a failure in the functioning of the allocation system, and for diagnostics of diseases of a chronic nature.
The main signs which can testify in favour of kidney problems and require the test are:
- reduce the amount of discharge of urine in 24 hours;
- the presence of edema;
- convulsive disorder;
- nausea and vomiting, not associated with food poisoning;
- loss of consciousness;
- pain in the lumbar region;
- the presence in the urine bloody, purulent discharge, mucus;
- change in color of urine and its smell;
- pale skin;
- trembling hands and legs;
- soreness in the abdomen for no apparent reason.
Sometimes these signs can be when carrying a child, diabetes insipidus type.
In General, the test Rehberg-Tareeva gives you the opportunity to recognize the following pathology:
- peelo and glomerulonephritis;
- renal failure;
- nephrotic syndrome;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- amyloidosis of the renal tissue;
- some infections;
- some diseases of the endocrine glands.
GFR decreases as the disease progresses, at a diabetes this happens very quickly.
In pregnant uterus is very often pressure on the kidneys due to the increase in its size, so the General analysis of urine can have abnormal values
To confirm availability problems use research of Rehberg.
Any survey requires careful preparation, depends on the reliability of the results. Trial of Rehberg -Tareeva requires the collection of urine per day.
Main points of this training:
- the exception of three days before analysis of acute and fatty foods;
- should not drink alcohol and coffee;
- not to lift heavy objects, play sports;
- to comply with the usual drinking regime;
- inform the doctor about present diseases and related medications that are taken.
It is important to know that some medications can change values of GFR. Among them are diuretics: Cortisone, Prednisone, Thyroxine L, acetylsalicylic acid. The doctor will either adjust the dose or cancel the drug for a few days. In addition, women should tell the doctor about the presence, at the time of the sample, menstrual cycle, because then the sample can reschedule for another day.
Features of the calculation of glomerular filtration rate
The day before urine collection need to buy the container two or three liters, and a small volume of 100 ml. Before you visit the lab, there is a collection of urinary fluid.
In the morning to drink half a liter of water, to donate blood from a vein in the lab, and then start collecting the urine in front of this and subsequent urination genitals are washed with warm water without detergent.
The first jet flush the rest of the urine collected during 24 hours in the container, which is stored in a cool and dark place.
Extreme emptying of the bladder must be no later than two hours before to pass the biological material. After that, 100 ml of a urine leak in a separate bowl, tightly closed with a lid and transported to the laboratory.
How to decipher the result?
Blood that was donated by the patient, calculate the rate of creatinine. GFR is calculated based on this figure. The formula of the sample gives a number that compares with the index rules.
So, F = (Cm/CP)*V. At the same time, F – EGFR,V is the amount of urine in milliliters allocated for 60 seconds; Cp is the concentration of creatinine in the blood; Cm is the concentration of creatinine in the urine.
Physicians adopted some of the conditional rule, which takes into account height and gender of the patient.
Key indicators of norms are as follows:
- a child under one year – 64-100 ml/min.;
- male sex from one year old to thirty – 88-145 ml / min.;
- female from years old to 30 – 80-134 ml / min.;
- male thirty to forty years, 74-132 ml / min.;
- ladies from forty to fifty 68-124 ml / min.;
- women 30-40 years 75-128 ml/min;
- men from fifty to seventy – 60-125 ml per min.;
- ladies aged fifty to seventy – 58-115 ml / min.;
- men over the age of seventy – 54-112 ml / min.;
- ladies over the age of seventy – 53-104; 70 years 55-113 ml/min.
If the result is rejected is immaterial, it is necessary to perform a preparatory stage. It happens on the eve a failure in the power mode, for example, a meal that is rich in protein and spices. There is the possibility of sport activities.
It is important to know that sometimes distorted results are for burns and in the last trimester in pregnant women
If the digital value of this sample is high, it might indicate in favor of hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, diseases of the endocrine (diabetes). Also, these values can be the result of ingestion of Furosemide, Prednisolone, aminocapronova acid. Also protein foods and physical activity increased GFR.
A low result means that the kidneys cannot cleanse the blood from toxins. The doctors done more tests and instrumental examinations diagnosed with stones in urinary system, glomerulo-or pyelonephritis, renal failure, pathology of the heart and blood vessels. Can be detected liver problems.
Reduced GFR is the result of taking drugs such as thiazide diuretics, diazoxide. Depending on the values of GFR are diagnosed with moderate decrease in renal function (GFR above 30 ml / min), renal failure (GFR 15 to 30 ml / min), chronic renal insufficiency (GFR less than 15).
The holding of the sample cannot make an accurate diagnosis, but computes the violation in the work of the kidneys. The main condition for the correct outcome of this study is the observance of the preparatory phase.