The division of the sacrum and coccyx is considered the most important part of the structure of the spine, as responsible for protecting the spinal Department, strengthening pelvic muscles and it is a bone that serves as a stabilizer of body mass when a person is in a sitting position.
Damage to the spine lead in most cases to dangerous consequences for the spine and coccyx, and the brain and spinal cord. MRI of the coccyx and sacrum is performed to identify different kinds of ailments in this part of the spine.
Pain arising in the area of the buttocks, stiffness in the movements, the occurrence of severe pain during pressure on the base of the spine of the plot – all these are signs of serious injury, in case of which you should immediately seek the help of a specialist. In the future to get an MRI of coccyx and sacral to diagnose the causes of pathological syndromes.
Department of sacrococcygeal vertebral type is a Department, encompassing 5 fused sacral vertebrae, and 3-5 fused vertebrae in the coccyx. So how is magnetic resonance imaging that shows an MRI of coccyx and spine and an MRI of the lumbar-coccygeal vertebral unit?
The structure of the sacrococcygeal spinal division
Often, the patient has to complain of pain in the location of the coccyx, numbness or pain in the extremities, a marked increase in bone size is everything is the presence of symptoms of various pathologies. Among the most common diseases are:
For the prevention and treatment of diseases of the JOINTS our constant reader uses the increasingly popular NON-surgical method of treatment is recommended by leading German and Israeli orthopedists.
Thoroughly acquainted with him, we decided to offer it to your attention.
- Chordoma arising in very rare cases, which is a cancerous tumor on the bone.
- Coccygodynia characterized by damage or inflammation of all branches of the coccygeal nerves type.
- A pilonidal cyst is congenital disease type, affecting the region of the skin at the junction of the coccyx and sacrum.
This kind of pathology act as impact injuries, high activity or immobility, they usually appear on the infectious diseases or a predisposition at the genetic level. Trauma to the coccygeal area can cause chronically manifested pain, spinal damage, and headaches.
There are several main methods of diagnosis of diseases in the area of the spine (coccyx):
- Three-position x-rays: direct, oblique, lateral.
- CT is used in cases of fracture of the bone of the apparatus.
- For the Sacro-coccygeal spine MRI is performed according to the established program.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
The main advantages of magnetic imaging
For sacrococcygeal part of the spine MRI procedure acts as the most accurate method of investigation. It shows the small sacral structures, through which pass the special roots of the sacrum which carry the nervation of the organs and the pelvis in automatic form.
The main advantage of MRI of the coccyx and sacrum, when compared with other research methods, can be considered a thorough visualization of cartilage and soft tissue, its structure and density, reciprocal arrangement with other structures of the body, with adjacent form, making MRI can be rightfully considered as a highly sensitive diagnostic method.
The features of MRI are associated with the following items:
- By the time the procedure takes only fifteen minutes further will be a thirty minute contrast.
- Preparation for the research method is not only in the implementation of contrast-enhanced MRI is necessary to carry out the procedure on an empty stomach or after five or six hours after taking food.
- Contraindications usually distinguished by their individual character.
- There are limitations, mainly related to the patient’s weight (it should not exceed 150 (one hundred fifty) kilogram) and volume (up to 140 (one hundred forty) centimeters).
- Preparation for the procedure the breast usually takes between thirty and sixty minutes.
- The procedure is relatively inexpensive: from 3000 rubles.
One of the main causes of diseases of the Sacro-coccygeal Department is mechanical trauma. It usually leads to degenerative changes of plan with further development of the coccygodynia: pain which is mainly associated with heavy load on the coccyx, which may be due to stretching or degeneration of the coccygeal ligamentous apparatus with the design. In females this disease usually begins to develop after birth.
The pain provoked by the injury to the Sacro-coccygeal Department, can be observed mainly when a patient:
- often changing the place where spending time in a seated position, thereby exerting considerable pressure on the bone;
- change your sitting position on a vertical that leads to the development of pathological syndrome.
The symptoms of dysfunction or destruction of vertebral bone is as follows:
- pain in and around the buttocks;
- frequent change of position of the body in the posture of a forced character;
- violation of mobility and limitation;
- increased pain in the case of pressure on the sacrum.
The cost of the procedure
MRI-the procedure can take place on the territory of the city of Moscow at the most reasonable prices
- The passage of the imaging sacrococcygeal vertebral segment is four thousand five hundred rubles.
- Coccygeal MRI is two thousand three hundred rubles.
- With the MRI results will be available at no additional charge (details will be provided on CD-ROM or in the form of electronic messages).
The imaging is characterized mainly by 3 projections, so it is possible for the most qualitative evaluation of pathological manifestations in the body. The most appropriate width plots of slices is considered to be three or four mm with no gaps. Therapeutic procedure provides the opportunity to purchase high quality pictures of type T2.
- Bend coccyx
If you have a bulging or aching tailbone, you should immediately consult a doctor. Some believe that…
- Fracture of the coccyx
The coccyx is the lower spine, is structurally composed of several rudimentary vertebrae. Fracture of the coccyx happens…