Quite often, many people are faced with the question, “after tooth extraction headache?”.
The pain in his head after a visit to the dentist’s office are something terrible, so you should learn how to advance to avoid this load, or to minimize the appearance of pain after the “surgery”.
The reasons for this phenomenon can be very different.
- The first is intolerance of anesthesia or poor choice of drug for pain relief.
- The second may be the location of the tooth, as well as the efforts of the doctor, which was spent on its removal.
Tooth and consequences of operations
Removal is quite a popular procedure, although it is a fairly large amount of discomfort. However, if you leave it in place, then you can still suffer from the terrible pain. Now there are a large number of methods that are used during treatment.
But there are cases where the optimum will be deleted. This surgery, based on which, there will be certain consequences. These include injury to the gums, some damage to oral cavity, headache. The latter will be one of the most unpleasant side effects that you have to go through.
The usual effect from anesthesia
Most often what after tooth extraction headache is due to the local anesthesia with the use of a certain amount of drugs during the intervention. The strength and duration of this unpleasant phenomenon will depend on in what condition was the tooth or teeth, how many were removed at the same time, where exactly they were located.
Important role to play:
- the age of patients
- existing chronic diseases
- tolerance of anesthesia.
The pain in the head together with the discomfort will occur after the action of pain medication, and should be no more than 24 hours.
In order to alleviate this condition, you should take pain relievers that are prescribed by a doctor.
If the day passed, and the pain is not decreasing, then you need to seek help to the doctor.
Often get a headache after removed wisdom tooth. This is due to the fact that it is different from the rest of the root system, so the operation will proceed more difficult.
How to perform the surgery with minimal consequences for the organism?
After tooth extraction headache is normal, especially if this point relates to the wisdom tooth. He appear in person in the age from 19 to 25 years, and in order for him to pull out, you need to exert a lot of effort. They grow in a place where the dentist is quite difficult to come by, so often used additional funds for their treatment, anesthesia or removal.
Of course, thanks to the latest technologies used in dentistry, any discomfort would be to minimize, and the pain will occur to a lesser degree. However, to completely destroy this phenomenon as a headache after removal of wisdom teeth is almost impossible.
But there are tips following which you can minimize the discomfort.
- It is best to remove at the time when there occurs the inflammatory process. This will minimize the use of anesthesia, respectively, to avoid such symptoms as headache. Wisdom teeth are removed only in the dormant period, then almost completely pain and headache will be minimized.
- Headache after removal of wisdom teeth comes from the fact that swelling will occur in the place where the tooth was removed. This is one of the most well-known causes of discomfort. It will point to the fact that there are some complications or inflammation of the nerve. This happens most often if the tooth has been removed completely, so the pain will be intense and quite sharp.
It is not necessary to endure to the last, before you go to the dentist.
Thus, you can save your nerves, money and energy, but also health. If to carry out the operation during inflammation, either at the time when the tooth hurts, it is possible to obtain not only the complications but also the response of the entire body such intervention. Of course, positive he will not.
How to avoid trouble
The removal of wisdom teeth is one of the most unpleasant moments in the life of any person. If it turns out that to avoid this do not succeed, you must adhere to a certain set of rules that will help to minimize the headache.
What affects the occurrence of negative consequences:
- Notable complications which have arisen during the removal;
- Age, intolerance of certain drugs, the individual characteristics of the patient;
- Indications and contraindications for the procedure for removal of wisdom teeth.
If you know you have to go through this ordeal, then you can abandon the use of alcoholic beverages and Smoking. This approach may significantly reduce headache after surgery. Of course, one of the most effective ways and taking pain pills. And what and how much to take, can only tell the dentist.
After removal of the head can ache in a few places. Usually the pain begins to emerge in the jaw, and gradually extended to the entire area of the head. Discomfort can be both aching and sharp shooting character.
At this point, it is very important not to overdo it with the pain medicine, which also denied the big effect on the body.
If it so happened that after some days passed, and headache persists, it is a sure sign that you need to see a doctor. Maybe after the surgery something went wrong, and now in the body will be brewing inflammation. This is what will signal an unpleasant sensation in the head.
Except in severe cases of dental disease, a special role to play in chronic disease, in humans.
- Quite often complications occur in people with diabetes. The patient notes that he has more time saved headaches.
- Rare case, but can hurt the ears. This option is more complex because there is no possibility to concentrate on anything, and continue normal activity.
- Can this factor influence the existing blood disease.
- Untimely appeal for help, provokes the development of various complications not only concerning the teeth and gums, but also jaw, and this is a completely different story with very different consequences.
So before you proceed with the removal of wisdom teeth, need to be carefully consult a dentist who is highly qualified. So you can avoid unpleasant phenomena after surgery significantly make your life easier after removal of the tooth.