The common cold is a disease faced by a huge number of people. When pathology is diagnosed, a large number of symptoms, which allows her to identify the patient.
Patients report that they have a headache with a cold. She has a monotone constant and can cover the entire head. Why a cold may have a headache, will determine only the doctor after the diagnosis.
The occurrence of headache was observed under the influence of various precipitating factors. If a cold occurs on the background of hypothermia, it becomes the cause of the symptom.
The causes of pathology
The head can hurt the patients at the time of occurrence of complications:
- Sinusitis. An inflammatory process, the localization of which is the mucous membrane of the maxillary sinuses. During physical activity, coughing, rotation of the body is diagnosed increased headache.
- Sinusitis. The symptom appears during the inflammatory process. The disease is accompanied by fever, difficulty breathing, pus from the nose, loss of appetite, sleep disturbance.
- Otitis media. If the infection enters the ear, it causes strong pain. The temperature of the body when the disease may not increase.
Headaches with a cold is diagnosed during the pregnancy of hypertension. If the gray matter is affected by toxic components, it leads to oxygen starvation and the development of the pathological process. Swelling of the mucous membranes of the brain and nose leads to increased intracranial pressure, which is accompanied by pathology.
Why a cold headache can be defined only by the doctor, allowing him to appoint a highly effective treatment.
The peculiarities of symptom
Headache the common cold has a special mechanism of development and features. Patients complain of compressive nature. Patients develop photosensitivity. The pathological process in patients is accompanied by watery eyes. For a headache a cold the typical monotony. This leads to fatigue of the person, even when performing familiar tasks. Symptom during colds has a compressive or bursting character.
If the headache with a cold is such a character, it indicates the occurrence of influenza in the human body. This symptom indicates the body to fight infectious process. Additional symptoms of the pathological process is a fever and chills. In influenza patients present increased intracranial pressure that leads to headache. In the event of a cold headache is observed in the region of the nose and eyes.
Headache the common cold has a special character that allows a person to determine the disease.
Features of treatment
If you experience a headache with a cold, the patient is advised to urgently start treatment. The patient is recommended to stabilize the way of life. It is also possible to correct the pathology in simple ways. For the treatment a strong headache for colds is recommended to apply traditional and folk medicines.
For headache during a cold is recommended to use certain medications. For the relief of unpleasant symptoms patients are assigned analgesics and painkillers.
If the temperature of the body be more than 38.5 degrees, it requires the use of antipyretic drugs
- A couple of days.
If severe headache, poholodeli of the limbs and convulsions, you can take medication, if the temperature is below the specified value. If you experience colds, we recommend taking antiviral drugs – Arbidol, Anaferon, Groprinosin. In the period of occurrence of an acute inflammatory process of the recommended antibiotic therapy.
At the initial stage of the disease, recommended burying sosudosuzhivayuschim drugs in the nose – Cimetisine, Vibrocil, Nasivin. When obstruction of outflow of mucus need to use Akvamaris or normal saline for promyvaniya nasal passages. When thickening of mucus and the appearance of yellowish, unpleasant smell recommended eyedrops on the basis of antibiotics. Most often, patients are advised Isopro.
During the pregnancy apply cold medicines. Develop treatment regimens should be performed by a doctor in accordance with the characteristics of the flow of the underlying disease.
If the headache affects the back of the head, temples or forehead with a cold, then the treatment is carried out with the use of traditional medicine. They are characterized by not only high impact but also safety.
Medicines are prepared on the basis of:
- Ginger. This ingredient is taken and mixed with mint and lemon zest. All the ingredients are blended in a blender until paste-like mass. Using the drug is eliminated headaches and strengthens the immune system.
- Hips. Prepares medication based on the dry berries of the plant, which are pre-crushed. Tablespoon of berries pour a glass of boiling water and insist in a thermos for 10 minutes. The composition of rose hips contains vitamin C in large quantity that is required to combat the cold. Its action is aimed at stabilizing blood pressure and stimulating metabolism.
- Dried fruits. To prepare the medication used dry pears, apples, plums and apricots. Of these components is preparing the compote, which ensures the elimination of toxins. Fruits boil in water for 40 minutes and insist hour. Medication is held in the form of heat in unlimited quantity.
- Cranberries. Medicine is recommended to prepare from fresh or frozen berries, which are ground with sugar at a ratio of 3:1. Storage of medication is in the refrigerator. Does the spoon means and is filled with 200 milliliters of boiling water. After a 5-minute infusion of the drug is taken inside. The drink is rich in vitamin C and is characterized by the presence of analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties.
There are a large number of traditional medicines that are effective against headache, allowing you to choose the most suitable option for the patient. Despite the medication safety, we recommend that before using consult a doctor.
If a headache accompanies the common cold, patients are recommended to adhere to the advice of professionals during the treatment of the underlying disease. If the symptom is accompanied by body aches, runny nose, fever, the treatment should be conducted following bed rest. The patient is advised to minimize physical and mental stress. At the first signs of a cold are not advised to visit educational institutions and the work within 3 days. The patient should minimize the use of computer technology.
The room in which the patient is located should be regularly ventilated. The procedure lasts 5-10 minutes. Its recommended every 2 hours. Free movement of air to ensure complete elimination of pathogenic bacteria and viruses. In the period of occurrence of respiratory diseases require regular wet cleaning in the room.
In order to increase sweating and to normalize the thermoregulation, excrete toxic products, the patient should observe the drinking regime. Recommended to prefer tea with lemon, herbal teas, fruit drinks, rosehip infusion. In the period of the disease is strictly forbidden to overtax your eyes, so limit the exposure to bright light. Watching TV is recommended to refuse.
During the occurrence of colds, patients are recommended a daily walk in the fresh air. At the onset of headaches, you can use a head massage or a cool compresses. Experts advise to carry out grinding with the use of essential oils of plants such as lavender, tea tree, fir, mint, star. During the headache the patient should stop Smoking.
Common symptom of cold is a pain in the head, which has a special mechanism for development. If you experience symptoms recommended treatment. The patient needs to stabilize the way of life, and also make traditional and folk medicines. The selection of a specific medication is a doctor in accordance with the testimony.