Qualitative research is impossible without appropriate pretreatment of the patient. Its purpose is the complete absence of feces in the lumen of the colon and reducing discomfort during colonoscopy. For this purpose, some drugs, manipulation of bowel cleansing and uncindery special diet, restriction of food during the day before the procedure.
Endoscopic examination of the direct and of the colon, or colonoscopy, a medical procedure that allows most effectively to diagnose diseases of the lower GI tract. The colon is the habitat of many microorganisms, at a young age the immune system suppresses their pathogenic strains and can develop various diseases – colitis, tumors, diverticulosis, polyps and so on.
Therefore, upon reaching the age of 50 should be regularly examined by a gastroenterologist. Younger patients colonoscopy prescribed, if there is a reasonable suspicion or diagnosis of diseases of the colon, with the aim to prevent the development of cancer and perforating complications.
Diet before colonoscopy
The preparation for testing should begin 3 days before the meeting. When uncindery diet completely exclude from the menu foods rich in fiber, or causing fermentation in the gut:
- 1. All fresh vegetables, mushrooms, herbs and root vegetables. Boiled and mashed vegetables stop use for 2 days before the procedure, cabbage prohibited in any form.
- 2. All fresh fruits and berries. Two days before the colonoscopy you can add boiled, peeled and grated Apple, a peach, a banana, some cantaloupe.
- 3. Legumes: beans, peas, soybeans and so on.
- 4. Coarse grains: corn, barley, wheat, pearl barley, brown rice, oatmeal, etc. the Use of rice and buckwheat cereals should be limited.
- 5. Rye and branny bread. White bread and pastry restrict the menu the day before the procedure.
- 6. Whole milk and dairy products.
- 7. Any crisp fried food.
- 8. Canned, smoked, marinades.
- 9. Too spicy and salty dishes.
- 10. Nuts, seeds.
- 11. Kvass, beer, wine.
- 12. Fatty and sinewy meats, bacon, sausage.
What you can eat before colonoscopy bowel:
- Soups: low-fat meat, fish, vegetables.
- Juices (except grape and plum), fruit drinks without the thick, jelly, mineral water, coffee, tea.
- Dairy products, low-fat cottage cheese, cheese.
- Boiled meat, fish, poultry, low-fat varieties.
- Butter, all edible vegetable fats and mayonnaise.
- Pasta rice and wheat flour.
- Eggs, preferably soft-boiled or steam omelets.
- Dry biscuits (without fruit additives), crackers, buns without sesame and poppy seeds, crackers of white bread.
- Sweets without solid vegetable additives, jelly, honey, sugar.
If the patient suffers severe constipation, uncindery diet you need to go 5 days before colonoscopy, continuing to use regular laxatives. The rest of the preparation is the same as in people with healthy intestines.
Sample menu uncindery diet before colonoscopy bowel:
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, boiled or fried egg, half a banana, coffee, butter and cooked sausage.
- Lunch: potato soup (no cabbage) in meat broth, white bread, bun, cheese, jelly.
- Dinner: pasta with grated boiled beetroot, boiled meat, tea, biscuits.
- Breakfast: rice porridge, omelette, steamed, boiled grated Apple without the peel, coffee without milk, a cheese sandwich.
- Lunch: rice or Manne soup meat or vegetable broth, white bread bun with yogurt.
- Dinner: pasta, boiled fish, vegetable soup, cheesecake, compote, cookies.
- Breakfast: semolina porridge, omelette, steamed, coffee without milk, some dried white bread with butter.
- Lunch: Manne liquid soup, boiled meat or fish, yogurt and cookies.
- Dinner: lean meat or vegetable broth, green tea.
What to do before the procedure?
The last solids – not later than 14 hours on the day prior to colonoscopy. After this period you can drink sweet green tea, soup, mineral water, various colorless non-carbonated drinks, juices. 15 need to take 2-3 tablespoons of castor oil. To remove the unpleasant taste of castor oil, it is possible to dilute or drink some beverage, juice or yogurt. Oil can adversely affect the operation of inflamed bile ducts, so when cholecystitis is better to use other laxatives.
When a laxative is going to work, you need to conduct a cleansing enema. This usually happens after 2-4 hours after taking castor oil, after 19 doing two cleanse with boiled water at room temperature 1.5 liters within an hour. Rend the liquid should be almost transparent. Morning at 7 o’clock enema repeated twice more, ensuring the perfect cleanliness of the intestine.
Unpleasant procedure and the use of castor oil can be avoided if you prepare for colonoscopy with Fortrans or one of its analogues – Indiancom, Fleet, Lavacolla. The principle of operation is to create high osmotic pressure in the gastrointestinal tract ceases to absorb water. Drinking a solution of Fortrans passes quickly through the digestive tract, carrying with it all impurities from the intestines. The drug is diluted with boiled water at the rate of 1 sachet per liter, and drink for the entire hour volume, the required amount of solution – 1 liter per 25 kg weight of the patient. If colonoscopy is scheduled after 13, it is recommended to reschedule the second half of the cleansing solution in the evening to the morning, but not later than 3 hours prior to the procedure.
In the prevention of flatulence the morning of the colonoscopy you need to apply Espumizan or other agent. If the patient is characteristic of spastic constipation, susceptibility to depression, irritable bowel syndrome, you can take Nospanum. According to individual indications your doctor may also prescribe sedatives and local anesthesia.
The output of uncindery diet after a colonoscopy should be done gradually within a week. If you hurry and start from there everything can cause constipation, the formation of fecal stones,and even obstruction of the bowel (volvulus). Each time the menu adds one product from the banned list, first saturating the diet with vegetables, fruits, cereals, and then inserting the dishes, heavy on the stomach – white bread, fried, fatty and so on.