This infection of the human healthy body parasites. Source distribution of larvae of helminths may be sick animals, people, dirty food, water, blood-sucking insects.
After contact with worms in the digestive system their number is not increasing, due to the fact that worms multiply outside of the intestine. The exception is re-infection larvae.
Worms live in the human body from 14 days to 2 years without treatment. During this period, they lay a large number of larvae that go along with feces masses. Failure to comply with the rules of hygiene helminth eggs back into the digestive tract.
What is worm infestation?
Helminthic infestation most often affects children than adults. Parasites can cause various diseases of internal organs. Infection can occur one or several worms. This should be considered during treatment pathology.
Worms – parasites, human or animal, belonging to the class of round or flat worms. Infection occurs during contact with the oral cavity of helminth larvae, which eventually migrate to the permanent habitat. While this can be affected the digestive tract, circulatory system, lungs, brain, skin.
The kinds of worms
Depending on the region of parasitism in the human body worms are:
1. Tissue – live in muscle fibers, internal organs, brain, lymphatic and blood vessels. These include the incidence of toxocariasis, trichinosis, cysticercosis, echinococcosis, giardiasis.
2. Translucent – inhabit the small and large intestines. This hookworm, roundworm, bovine tapeworm, whipworm.
3. Roundworms (nematodes) have long threadlike body is pink yellow. Can reach in size from 1 mm to 10 meters. Flat worms – cestode and trematodes. The first type of worms in their structure similar to a ribbon that can grow up to 10 meters. Trematodes have flattened leaf-like shape, attached to the walls of the organs of suction cups. The size of these specimens: 3 mm – 10 cm.
Classification of worms depending on route of infection:
- 1. When geohelminth larvae Mature in the soil, people become infected by eating unwashed fruits and vegetables.
- 2. The infection from person-to-person contact occurs helminthic invasions.
- 3. Bioelements found in the body of patients who ate improperly cooked meats or fish.
What does a person get worms?
The main route of infection in adults and children:
- 1. Contact-household contamination, through the common goods, from patients, family members, Pets.
- 2. At alimentary way of transmission of the worms in the human body occurs through infected, improperly cooked food, dirty hands, water.
- 3. Method vector-borne helminths enter the body during the bite of insects.
- 4. Active transmission is a helminth infection occurs when damage to the skin, the mucous membranes of a person followed by contact with contaminated soil, swimming in open water.
Symptoms of worms
How to determine that a person is infected with worms?
- poor appetite or, conversely, a pathological desire all the time something;
- significant weight loss;
- disorders of the digestive tract: constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
- pain in the muscles;
- allergic skin rashes: dermatitis, urticaria, eczema, papilloma;
- due to the weakening of the immunity, frequent colds, infectious, viral disease.
With the development of a helminth infection caused by the pinworm (enterobiasis), a man worried about itching in the anal area. The symptom is worse at night, passes in 2 days, a few weeks later the symptoms recur. This is due to oviposition by the parasites.
At the initial stage of infection with Ascaris larvae migrate to various organs and tissues of the body. In contact with helminths in the lungs of infected people increased body temperature to 37,5°, there is a wet cough may develop acute bronchitis and even pneumonia. Then the worms move in the digestive tract and cause a malfunction of the digestive system.
Trichinosis in children and adults characterized by pain in muscles, formation of edema of the soft tissues of the face and eyelids. The appearance of systematize leads to the breakdown of the urinary system, and fascioliasis cause the development of pancreatitis, violates delchevalerie, may cause obstructive jaundice.
Treatment of worm infestation
Successful treatment of parasites it is recommended to take a stool sample for the presence of larvae and scraping. The results of laboratory studies reveal a kind of worms, with this in mind selected drugs that are active against this group of worms.
To bring ascarids and pinworms, it is necessary to take:
To get rid of the worms helps:
Funds a wide range of actions that take in mixed types of infestations are Telmoks, Determin, Nemocid, Helmintox. Before taking drugs should carefully read the instructions, to correctly calculate the dosage of the medication, to take into account existing contraindications. To get rid of worms help pills because have toxic effects, but have restrictions on the age category. For the treatment of children you need to find special medications.
During treatment is not recommended to eat fatty, fried, smoked products, they impair the absorbability of drugs by the intestine, increase the burden on the liver. It is important to exclude the possibility of re-infection with worms. You need to regularly change the bedding and underwear, wet cleaning in the room with antiseptic. If it hurts one of the family members, therapy is necessary for all relatives living together.
Methods of prevention of worms
- 1. To prevent worms, it is necessary to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after a walk outside, visit public places, travel in vehicles, before eating and after using the toilet.
- 2. Since worms can get to the person with the infected soil, before eating need to wash vegetables and fruits. During cooking meat and fish should follow the temperature regime. Do not eat sushi made with raw seafood.
- 3. The destruction of insects is one of the measures of prevention of helminthiasis. You can not swim in open water, especially when there are wounds on the skin.
- 4. If there is a strong likelihood that there is an infestation, you should take anthelmintic. You can use Vermoxum, Dekaris or Nematol. Medicines drink once.
Worms in the human body feed on nutrients poison his master toxins, cause severe diseases. To prevent infection, observing prevention and with medication.