Polycystic liver is a chronic disease associated with the formation in the liver of many cysts, which represent a leathery cavity filled with liquid. The formation of cysts occurs in utero. The progression of the disease leads to complete cessation of the functioning of the liver and death. This disease is inherent in the people of middle and old age. More often it manifests in women.
The causes of the disease
According to the study of case histories found that polycystic liver almost in half of the cases occurs due to genetic mutation. Basically, this premise is typical for developed countries.
Mutation of genes can occur for reasons such as:
- work in hazardous industry;
- air pollution in the metropolis;
- stay limited in nature;
- eating foods with GMOs;
- poor nutrition fast food using preservatives and flavor enhancers.
It should be noted that in parts of the world with a clean environment, the polycystic liver practically does not occur.
The indirect cause of the appearance of this disease may be:
- bad habits (Smoking, drugs, alcohol);
- obesity, which disturbs the functioning of almost all internal organs;
- violation of hormone levels in the body;
- the presence of tumors and chronic infectious diseases;
- trauma and injuries to internal organs.
Transmission of the disease is from one of the parents. By the time of birth a newborn baby has multiple cysts of the liver. They are small in size and condition have no effect.
Over time, the cyst increase. This leads to the fact that there is a common or isolated polycystic liver. In the second case, the disease covers the neighboring internal organs. As cysts displace normal tissue of the body appear and increase the symptoms of the disease.+
Symptoms of polycystic liver
The increase of foreign bodies, a deteriorating state of health of the patient.
At the initial stage polycystic liver appears as follows:
- constant drowsiness;
- light dizziness;
- periodic nausea;
- the emergence of depression.
The disease progresses the symptoms of the disease become more noticeable.
The patient has symptoms such as:
- weakening of appetite;
- abdominal pain;
- the increase in the volume of the stomach;
- constipation followed by diarrhea;
- swelling of the feet;
- heart pains;
- shortness of breath.
Upon the occurrence of kidney failure the symptoms are so clearly manifest, that the disease is hard to miss.
Signs of this condition:
- yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes;
- the numerous ruptures of the capillaries;
- violation of vestibular function;
- palpitations and pallor;
- lowering blood pressure;
- frequent vomiting with blood;
- loss of consciousness.
During exacerbation of the disease, the patient may fall into a coma. Not to bring the case to a fatal outcome, the patient need to start treatment in the early stages of the disease.
Treatment of polycystic
Before the course of treatment, the diagnosis of the patient.
It includes such methods of examination as:
- analysis of blood, urine and feces;
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- computed tomography;
- ultrasonic diagnostics;
- consultation with the surgeon, gastroenterologist and physical therapist.
When you have three or more cysts diagnosed with polycystic liver. Treatment is complex.
Such methods of therapy:
- Medication. The patient is prescribed anti-nausea and painkillers. Prescribe medicines from bloating and to stabilize the liver. For overall strengthening of the body accepts the vitamins. All appointments are made by the attending physician. Self-medication is strictly contraindicated.
- Surgical. It is held in the event of severe complications or liver failure. Surgery is done under General anesthesia. The patient removes the inflamed cyst and performed drainage of the abdominal cavity. If the liver is irreversibly changed, are its removal and transplantation of a donor organ.
- Traditional medicine. When liver disease treatment of folk remedies can significantly improve the patient’s condition. Well help elecampane tincture, a decoction of pine nut and honey. You need to remember that with this diagnosis, as polycystic liver, treatment of the popular methods is of auxiliary character. Only with their help to get rid of this disease impossible.
Of great importance for the recovery of the patient has properly chosen diet.
In the diet of the patient must be entered:
- lean meat;
- vegetables and fruits;
- pasta and cereals;
- dairy products.
The diet for polycystic liver does not allow consumption of fatty meat, sour cream, smoked and fried foods, sweets, coffee and alcohol.
Prevention of disease
Since this disease is hereditary, to prevent it from occurring is virtually impossible. But the progression of the disease and the rate of increase of the cysts can lead to substantially.
It is necessary to take preventive measures:
- A lot of time outdoors, playing different games and swim.
- Properly and to eat regularly. Avoid eating meats, sweets, hot and spicy food.
- To abandon bad habits. Smoking, alcohol and drugs not only weaken the immune system, but cause different mutations in the body.
- Regularly undergo examination by experts.
- Always take prescription medications, vitamins and strengthen the immune system medications.
By following these recommendations, it is possible to live a long and active life.