There is hardly a man who never were interested in the problem of headache. It can occur suddenly and torment long enough.
One of the most unpleasant becomes oppressive pain in the head. This leads to a sharp decline in the health and degrades the overall health of the person. Many people immediately resort to analgesic medication.
They definitely relieve the pain symptoms, but do not eliminate the cause of their appearance. Therefore, if such attacks are bothering you too often, then you first need to go to the doctor.
What are the sensations during an attack of a pressing pain?
- The pain can occur in the temporal or frontal lobe of the head. Over time it can spread to the occipital. The sensations are aching, monotonous character. Their intensity gradually increases.
- May experience pain in the neck, which migrate to the eye area.
- Most often, the pain occurs in one side of the head.
Location of pain will depend on its causes. For example, the sensations provoked by the inflammatory processes occurring in the body will be sharper in the temporal region.
The main causes pressing pain
Among the causes of pain of this type can particularly highlight the following:
- High blood pressure (hypertension). In order to detect this disease it is necessary to regularly measure the pressure using a special device. In severe cases need admission specialized drugs.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension). If the indicator is not too low, can help the consumption of caffeinated products. They enhance the metabolism occurring in the brain and normalizes blood pressure.
- The state change of a hormonal background. This can occur under the influence of stress or illness.
- Trauma to the head.
- Strain. Pressive pain in the head may occur after prolonged hard work, so it is important to take breaks to rest.
- Poor nutrition and abuse of alcohol. The attack may be provoked by eating excessively fatty or salty foods. In addition, headache can be triggered by products, which include various preservatives or food additives.
- A sharp change in weather conditions. The pain can cause jumps in air temperature or air pressure changes.
- Taking certain medicines.
- Cervical osteochondrosis. In this case, to feel a pressing pain in the head added even dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, and ringing in the ears. These symptoms appear due to violation of the outflow of venous blood.
The use of drugs
Quickly and effectively to stop a headache attack help drugs. The choice of tools should be conducted in conjunction with the physician.
- Aspirin or acetylsalicylic acid.
- The paracetamol.
Modern drugs may contain these substances alone or a combination of both. Medicines only eliminate the symptom, but not affect the cause. So of analgesics may not be enough.
Once you have been screened and identified the disease causing the headache is likely to need a course of treatment specialized drugs.
Traditional methods of treatment
Traditional methods can only treat headaches caused by fatigue, stress and various stressful situations.
Among the most effective tools are the following:
Mint. Essential oils contained in the leaves of this plant, a great help to cope with the feeling of tightness in the head. Simply place a couple of leaves in green or black tea. Drinking a glass of this drink, you will feel relief.
Lemon. In the peel of the fruit also contains large amounts of medicinal oils. Remove the zest from one lemon. Try to completely get rid of the white part of the rind. Attach the resulting zest to the temples and hold for some time. To enhance the effect, you can tie the head with a warm woolen scarf.
The propolis. This bee product contains a large number of substances that not only help to get rid of a headache, but also to strengthen the immune system and improve overall health. Grind 20 grams of propolis and fill it with half Cup of alcohol. Allow the mixture to brew and take it up to 40 drops per day.
St. John’s wort. Prepare an infusion of this medicinal plant. To do this, pour a Cup of boiling water over one tablespoon of dried material. Let the mixture stand for half an hour and take her third Cup half an hour before each meal.
Daisy. From the oppressive headache surge great help decoction of chamomile odorous. To prepare a tablespoon of dried raw pour boiling water and place on low heat. Boil the mixture for five minutes. Then steep for 20 minutes in a warm place. Strain the decoction and take it before eating a third Cup.
Clay. In a small enamel bowl put 150 grams cosmetic clay. Fill it with quarter Cup of boiling water and stir until a homogeneous composition. On a clean gauze, apply the clay. The thus prepared a compress attach to the front of the head. Soak it for 20 minutes. This procedure should be performed every day before going to sleep.
Med. In order to get rid of constant headaches enough before each meal to eat one teaspoon of honey.
Prevention of headache
If pressing headaches visit you regularly, then it’s time to radically change your lifestyle. It is necessary to abandon bad habits and be committed to a healthy lifestyle.
- As often as possible spend time in the fresh air. Best weekend to get out of town or take a walk in the Park.
- If most of the day you spend indoors, try to ventilate it often. Stale air can cause headaches.
- Exercise. At the same time to exhaust yourself with strength training is not necessary. It is best to give preference fitness, swimming or yoga. They will help to keep the body in good shape.
- During lunch break, do yourself a gentle head massage. Today, developed a lot of techniques to learn which everyone can do. Massage helps to restore blood circulation.
- Try to avoid stress, avoid quarrels and scandals.
- Important is a sleep mode. Remember that to maintain health a day you need to sleep at least 8 hours. The rest is necessary on a quality comfortable pillow.
- Monitor blood pressure. This will require a blood pressure monitor. If within several days you notice yourself high or low blood pressure, it was a reason to go to the doctor.
- Try to consume as many vegetables and fruits. This will reduce the consumption of fats and carbohydrates. It is not recommended to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Take specialized vitamin and mineral complexes. They will help to fill the deficit of microelements and vitamins in the body.
- Eat more clean drinking water. In some cases it is shortage of fluid in cells leads to the appearance of headaches.