Gastritis can be called one of the most common diseases of the digestive system? one of the forms called erosive. This diagnosis put patients at appearances of erosions, that is destructions on the outside and the inner lining of the stomach.
Gastritis with erosive changes is of several types:
- multifocal (covers the whole area of the stomach);
- erosive antral (lower part of the organ and duodenum);
- gastritis of the stomach body.
There is also a typology, defined in terms of disease progression and reasons which caused it:
- 1. Acute gastritis is characterized by rapid development, destruction as a rule, shallow, and without strict localization.
- 2. In hemorrhagic (chronic) type of erosion is deeper (up to 8 mm). Most often, the disease affects certain areas of the body.
- 3. Separately, you can distinguish reflux-gastritis. It appears as a result of the casting of digested food in the stomach from the duodenum. Such also characterized by rapid progression, swelling of the stomach.
The disease is quite difficult to treat and often its signs equivalent to stomach ulcers.
Mechanisms of formation erozii
Not always the experts could easily identify the causes of gastritis.
The disease may arise due to the conjunction of precipitating factors such as improper diet, bad habits, but also the erosion can appear when the body is General failure, or infection by bacteria.
- 1. Gastritis is often caused by bacteria Helicobacter pylori, which are the main cause of stomach ulcers.
- 2. Another common reason is the presence of harmful habits: Smoking, especially if the patient smokes on an empty stomach, and alcohol abuse.
- 3. Improper diet, excessive consumption of fatty, spicy and sweet.
- 4. Often doctors find that disease developed after taking medicines, e.g. acetylsalicylic acid.
- 5. Cause erosive gastritis may be a simple unwillingness to go to the doctor, self-treatment, which leads to the destruction of the shell body.
During the first stage of the gastric lesions may not cause any symptoms, usually the erosion is shallow and they appear on the outside of the wall of the organ, but then spread to all larger and cause the patient severe discomfort. If the cause of the disease or its concomitant factor was the constant stress, the damage tends to spread with sufficient speed.
Signs and diagnosis
The symptoms of erosive gastritis of the stomach can be very different. There are individual signs of impairment as well as their combination, which indicates a serious destructive processes.
The main evidence is referred:
- nausea (a possible very mild, barely noticeable attacks);
- nasty, aching feeling in the Central region of the abdomen;
- dull pain during a famine or after a meal (when the disease is caused by medication, pain may not occur);
- the disease in severe form leads to bleeding and changes in the stool, which becomes viscous and dark;
- in some cases there is vomiting, it is even possible with blood;
- chronic erosive gastritis also causes frequent dizziness, loss of weight and appetite, General weakness.
The main method of diagnosis is endoscopy. The patient is injected in the stomach with a thin tube at the end of which is placed the camera. The physician examines the state of the mucosa of the stomach and duodenum. This allows you to quickly detect erosive changes. Sometimes you may require a biopsy procedure, i.e. the removal of a small tissue. The biopsy will tell whether the correct diagnosis was put by the doctor, and what was the cause – irritants or lose bacteria. Diagnosis is also performed using x-ray equipment. No less important for patient’s blood tests that will show whether a person has anemia, and feces for the presence of blood.
Treatment and prevention
If a man found himself at least some of the symptoms of gastritis should consult a gastroenterologist. In the case when the reason for infection of Helicobacter pylori, experts can assign antibacterial therapy. The patient will have a period of time to take medications and strictly follow the instructions of the attending doctor, who in close collaboration with the patient will build individual treatment plan will prescribe the necessary drugs.
Often it is necessary for recovery to completely revise your lifestyle, start to eat right, to quit, to quit other harmful habits. As the disease provoked stress at any stage for the successful treatment of the affected organ will depend on the General spirit of the patient.
To avoid any issues, how to treat gastritis, it is best to think about prevention. It is a mobile way of life, good and cheerful mood, good food: you need to make a balanced menu without the inclusion of harmful products. Today drugs to cope with the disease fairly quickly, but only if the bacterial nature of the lesion. In all other cases, recovery will depend on the exposure and the patient’s wishes, not only of the complex drugs.
Diet for erosive gastritis of the stomach – the most important aspect of treatment. First of all you need to learn that even a healthy stomach can be difficult to cope with a large amount of food, and the patient is even harder. This is especially dangerous with the erosion: when eating will stand out much gastric juice which will further irritate tissues, and so succumbed to the destruction. So I have to eat small portions, but often, up to 5-6 times per day. The menu should be varied.
It will be necessary to eliminate from your menu:
- roasted vegetables, dough, meat;
- spicy foods;
- pickled products, canned food;
- rich broths of meat, fish, mushrooms;
- radish and radish.
- meals of dietary sorts of meat;
- milk and milk products (preferably not too sour);
- steamed vegetables or steamed;
- pureed soups, but not oily;
- cereal porridge;
- eggs, cooked soft-boiled (eggs should not be abused to eat them is not more than 3-4 a week);
- compotes and jellies made from fruits and berries that do not contain a lot of acid.
One of the best things about this diet is that you can eat sweets, but not much. Don’t forget that any food you need to chew well to facilitate the procedure of digestion. The regime is extremely important and the person is constantly monitored.
Sample menu for one day:
- 1. first meal: one egg, stale bread with butter and cheese, weak tea;
- 2. the second cheese, a little sour cream, a baked Apple;
- 3. third: soup of pureed vegetables;
- 4. fourth, jelly, vegetables, steamed;
- 5. fifth: buckwheat, stewed with vegetables and lean meat.
Often features menu talk with the doctor. It is important that the patient not undertake independent attempts to recover and create a individual diet. Our body has a very delicate structure. Not having specialized knowledge, we can easily violate, result in the condition without the possibility of recovery. Therefore, only the timely diagnosis, medical advice and professional treatment under the supervision of a doctor is able to provide the necessary assistance to the patient and lead to recovery.